This is what I have done so far.
1. Downloaded the installer file for Yahoo Messenger. File is called msgr9us.exe I downloaded to the core server.
2. Created a share on the core server called packages.
3. Created a distribution package on the core server called Yahoo Messenger Package.
4. Primay file for the package is \\member1\packages\msgr9us.exe
5. Added the /s switch as in install option.
6. Created a delivery method called Yahoo Messenger Delivery. I am using the push method.
7. I created an associated scheduled task.
I have two virtual machines. The core server is called member1. The target client is called 2k3srvr. I watch both machines when I start the scheduled task. I see the software distribution task start running on the target client 2k3srvr. However, it quickly stops with a LanDesk Task Failed error message of:
The task Yahoo Messenger Distribution to deploy the package Yahoo Messenger Package failed.
This is all I get in response. Obviously, not helpful at all. So my questions are: Is there a log or somewhere I can go to find an error code of some sort? I don't even know how to begin troubleshooting this failure.
When I ran msgr9us /s from the command line on the core server Yahoo Messenger installed silently without prompting me for any input. It worked just fine. However, when I try to push this out to the target client the installation doesn't even seem to begin. The software distribution process starts on the client. I can tell because an pop up message appears stating. But then it fails. Please help.