1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 12, 2018 11:01 PM by rosscarins

Can a service offering form have hidden fields that are editable to later approvers in the approval chain?

bfrey Rookie

I am setting up a facilities request service, my first service. I need to have the service offering form filled out by the customer, and then later in the approval process additional fields on the form filled out by the approvers. My idea was to have all the fields on the original field but hidden by roles until later. Then when the person of the appropriate role gets it they can change the fields that now became visible. Is this the correct way to do this? My first attempt at a service is a very complex one.

• 1. Re: Can a service offering form have hidden fields that are editable to later approvers in the approval chain?
          rosscarins Employee

Hi,

You can do this and I've done it in the past. The biggest problem you have is if the approvers only have access to self service. Because a user can only see and update their tickets it means you would need to update the customer information and effectively transfer the request to be under the approvers name. Then they could edit the request, save it and it would continue with the workflow. (and probably changing the request back to the original customer's name).

If the approvers have a service desk analyst license then they would be able to do this via the service request module as they would a normal ticket, just updating the request once they receive an approval notification.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.