2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2018 3:03 AM by Dan_Mills

Linking Services to Changes

Dan_Mills Apprentice

Good morning all

I'm looking to automatically link Services to changes

At the moment there is an option to select the service in the change form:

This is just so the Owner can be added to the change to request approval.

We have a Service tab for CMDB purposes and this therefore needs to be duplicated in there:

Is there any way for Ivanti to automatically pull the Service (which is a predefined list) and link it to the change? I was thinking via the triggered rules would work however I can't seem to get it to link with the service name.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Many thanks
      Dan

• 1. Re: Linking Services to Changes
          SupportEmployee

You may be running against what a link field can't do, which is to store a text value.

Your linking most likely isn't working as you are attempting to link a recid with a name.  (The magnifying glass is the give away it's a link field)

There are a few things you can do to get around that. The easiest thing to do is the create a new field and use an editing rule to populate it with the name of the Service "[OtherObject]Name" when you edit that service link field.

You could then create a business rule that watches for a change for that new text field and does a search and link based on the Name in the text field with the name of the service.

• 2. Re: Linking Services to Changes
            Dan_Mills Apprentice

Thanks Chris

We have problems with creating new fields as it seems to crash our UAT environment so at the moment I'm not sure how much I can test this.

I'll speak to my manager as see if I can progress.

Thanks for the advice.

Dan