5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2018 6:25 AM by IJU

Automate adding members to a contact group

JGotze Apprentice

I have related a specific contact group a service request via a quick action.  As a second action I want to add members to that same group based on loginID's that are in hidden fields on the Service Request.  The Contact group gets related, but the members are not added.  See attachment.

• 1. Re: Automate adding members to a contact group
          IJU Apprentice

Hi,

you would need to run the "Search and Link" Quick Action in the Contact Group itself and if you have a 1:n relationship from contact group to Service Request you would be able to refer to the different member LoginId. It looks like you did this.

But you're using a different relationship for the Search and Link...is that relationship also being used in the Contact Group Layout's child panel?

Beste Grüße / Best Regards

Immanuel Jungheim
          Consultant

ITSM Consulting GmbH   |   Germany   |   D-55294 Bodenheim   |   Am Kuemmerling 21-25
          Mobile: +49 151 29256681   |   Tel.: +49 6135 9334 0   |   Fax: +49 6135 9334 22   |   E-Mail: [email protected]   |   Web: www.itsmgroup.com

ITSM Group – Be Better

Geschäftsführer: Siegfried Riedel, Amtsgericht Mainz HRB 47740

• 2. Re: Automate adding members to a contact group
            JGotze Apprentice

The relationship to link the proper Contact Group to the Service Request "FINRA_ContactGroupAssocServiceReq" was built by me.  I didn't see an OOB relationship between ServiceReq and Contact Group to use. The Relationship on Contact Group Member Tab is "ContactGroupAssociatesEmployee"  which I would use to link the Employee Login ID on Service Request fields to the members tab on Contact Group.

If you could provide a screen shot or two what you think the proper use of these Relationships it would be very helpful.  I appreciate your assistance.

• 3. Re: Automate adding members to a contact group
              IJU Apprentice

Hi,

I felt free to use a screenshot of your screenshots and numbered 2 areas:

Number 1: You must run this Quick Action from within the Contact Group. Do you do that? Also the relationship you use to get the Login ID of the member to link must be 1:1 or n:1,  because otherwise the Contact Group wouldn't know which Service Request to look in. So make sure the relationship is built that way. OR push the 3 potential members from the Service Request to 3 more temporary fields of the contact group via the relationship (see number  2). Then you could use just these 3 fields in the contact group to match the employees.

Immanuel Jungheim
              Consultant

ITSM Consulting GmbH   |   Germany   |   D-55294 Bodenheim   |   Am Kuemmerling 21-25
              Mobile: +49 151 29256681   |   Tel.: +49 6135 9334 0   |   Fax: +49 6135 9334 22   |   E-Mail: [email protected]   |   Web: www.itsmgroup.com

ITSM Group – Be Better

Diese E-Mail ist vertraulich zu behandeln. Sie kann besonderem rechtlichen Schutz unterliegen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind, senden Sie bitte diese E-Mail an den Absender zurück, löschen die eingegangene E-Mail und geben den Inhalt der E-Mail nicht weiter. Jegliche unbefugte Bearbeitung, Nutzung, Vervielfältigung oder Verbreitung ist verboten. / This e-mail is confidential and may also be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please reply to sender, delete the e-mail and do not disclose its contents to any person. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, copying or distribution is strictly prohibited.

• 4. Re: Automate adding members to a contact group
                JGotze Apprentice

Still no luck,  Must be doing something real dumb........What you are suggesting makes perfect sense, I just can't get it to work!!!  I attached some more screen shots with more detail on the relationships and the process I'm trying to implement.

Thanks for sticking with me on this.

• 5. Re: Automate adding members to a contact group
                  IJU Apprentice

Hi,

sorry for the late response. Just in case you did not figure it out:

The problem seems to be that the relationship you use to link the Contact Group to the Service Request is n:m. Make shure that it's 1:n so the Contact group knows from which Service Request to get the employee data. Right now it's looking from the one of the Contact Groups (n) to all the potentially linked Service Requests (m). One entity looking at m entities for a specific information does not work.

Change the first relationship to 1:

Does the second relationship need to be 1:n? I would think that you want to link as many employees to as many contact groups possible, right?

Hope that helps

Immanuel Jungheim
                  Consultant

ITSM Consulting GmbH |   Germany   |   D-55294 Bodenheim   |   Am Kuemmerling 21-25   
                  Mobile: +49 151 29256681 |   Tel.: +49 6135 9334 0   |   Fax: +49 6135 9334 22   |   E-Mail: [email protected]   |   Web: www.itsmgroup.com

ITSM Group – Be Better

Diese E-Mail ist vertraulich zu behandeln. Sie kann besonderem rechtlichen Schutz unterliegen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind, senden Sie bitte diese E-Mail an den Absender zurück, löschen die eingegangene E-Mail und geben den Inhalt der E-Mail nicht weiter. Jegliche unbefugte Bearbeitung, Nutzung, Vervielfältigung oder Verbreitung ist verboten. / This e-mail is confidential and may also be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please reply to sender, delete the e-mail and do not disclose its contents to any person. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, copying or distribution is strictly prohibited.