7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2018 11:33 PM by Julian Wigman

Tasks per Incident

AM06160 Apprentice

Hello,

Quick question... Can you only have one task running per incident at any given time? 

I have tested having multiple task processes running at once.  You can initiate each task, however, after the first task is running (highlighted in yellow), there is no "Add Task" in the history after a second task has been created.

Example of history below:

I don't want to spend anymore time trying to develop this if its not possible.

We are currently running Service Desk 2016.2

Thanks in advance,

A.

• 1. Re: Tasks per Incident
          Darren.Bradshaw Expert

You can have multiple tasks per incidents.  It will depend on your process design.

We use task extensivly on our requests process and can upto 60 - 70 task attached to one request.

Goto into process design where the "Add Task", is on the status as a manual / automatic action or optional action?  If it is a manual or automatic action follow the process to the next status and see if you have add task there.

• 2. Re: Tasks per Incident
            AM06160 Apprentice

Hi Darren,

Thanks for your response.

We have achieved multiple tasks attached to a Request process in the past however, these tasks are launched one after the other as automatic actions within one status and are in a process of their own.  I am trying to achieve something within the main incident process where you can trigger multiple tasks but perhaps this cannot be achieved from 2 status points?  I have added the Task Actions in as Optional Actions from the second status point below but this doesn't seem to do the trick as the second task isn't added using the process flow below:

Do you think this is achievable somehow?

• 3. Re: Tasks per Incident
              Julian Wigman ITSMMVPGroup

AM06160 why not just add 4 transition lines,  from the “Create Security Tasks in Progress” status back to each of the (blue) manual actions respectively.  Then you can also add more tasks from the second status as well: as many as you want of each type.

Julian

MarXtar Ltd

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Tasks per Incident
                AM06160 Apprentice

Hi Julian,

Believe it or not, I had actually tried this already and upon saving, kept receiving an error stating that you 'cannot have multiple actions on a status' but it seems to be saving okay now.  Thank you Julian!

A.

• 5. Re: Tasks per Incident

AM06160 that normally happens for another reason, typically that you have added a transition line and deleted it and then try to add the same again in the same edit session.  Also if you also have the action as an optional action on the status concerned.

Julian

MarXtar Ltd

• 6. Re: Tasks per Incident
                    AM06160 Apprentice

Hi Julian

It may have been the former (good to know) as I made sure there were no optional actions of the same type on that status before I added the new transition lines.

Thanks!

A.

• 7. Re: Tasks per Incident

Cool, maybe you can mark this one is correct then to close it off.

Julian

MarXtar Ltd