6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2009 10:51 AM by Stoj

Multiple Installations via Batch File

Apprentice

Hello,

I'm currently trying to install a product called NVivo. This product requires that SQL Server Express, Crystal Reports Redist, and Quicktime are all installed before it will successfully install. What I did, was create a batch file that runs silent installations of each of the installations. Then it will install the product itself. The batch file looks like this:

"%DrivePath%\SQLEXPR.EXE" /qb ADDLOCAL=ALL SQLAUTOSTART=1 INSTANCENAME="QSRNVivo8" SQLCOLLATION="Latin1_General_BIN"

"%DrivePath%\CRRedist2005_x86.msi" /qb

"%DrivePath%\QuicktimeIntaller.exe" /qb

msiexec /i "%DrivePath%\QSR NVivo 8.0.msi" QSR_DESKTOP_APPLICATION=1 PIDKEY="%Product Key%" /qn" /qb ADDLOCAL=ALL SQLAUTOSTART=1 INSTANCENAME="QSRNVivo8" SQLCOLLATION="Latin1_General_BIN"

When I run this outside of LANDesk it installs everything perfectly fine. However I put it through LANDesk and the first task kicks off and install however Crystal Reports doesn't kick off. It seems that LANDesk thinks the batch file is finished after it installs SQL.

Has anyone had experience with installing multiple packages?

Should I consider doing this differently? Prereqs? I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks

-Paul