I'm having some issues with PXE. The PXE rep, regardless of what elected client it is, is not broadcasting as a rep. Sometimes the appropriate services are running, sometimes they aren't and I restart them. Very very strange that this all of a sudden started happening in our environment (I'm not aware of any changes we have made). For about 2 months prior to this issue reappearing, PXE booting and imaging worked great.
The first time something like this happened, it resolved itself. When a client would boot and search for reps, it would find a rep but the elected rep would have a randomly generated IP on it's own subnet. This was due to our computers using Cisco Umbrella ODNS as a filtering and traffic monitoring solution. At some point between Cisco updating Umbrella endpoint software and the ivanti core being updated/upgraded to the most current version (2017.3 SU2), the PXE reps started functioning properly.
Some notable information:
ivanti 2017.3 SU2 running on Server 2016 Standard
Reps vary from desktop to laptop running Windows 7/Windows 10 version 1703 and 1709
All Dell Optiplex (7010, 5040, 7050) or Dell Latitude (E5480, E5470, E5450, E5440)
Verified Firewall ports are open and allowing traffic to the best of my abilities on both clients and network appliances
Made zero changes to the .wim boot file except update the background
I noticed the .wim images are not replicating with the updated image (followed the troubleshooting on the community with no avail)
Tried PXE reps with and without any security (all of our security products as well as none and dropping the firewall)
*I had no luck whatsoever finding the registry keys to change the score of a PXE rep so it was by happen-chance I was working with the right computers
Attached are all of the logs and information I could possibly think of. All help is welcome! I may end up opening a support ticket but thought I'd post on here first. If I remember any other details, I'll be sure to reply with them. Thanks!
pxe.zip 1.7 MB