10 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2018 1:22 PM by Julian Wigman

Error: reopen service in a request

Orlando Daza Apprentice

Hello:

When reopen a request in a generic process, I will give a provision again apears the error: It is not possible to create a record called 'Service request completed'. This name is already being used by another registry.

how can I do to solution? Thanks

• 1. Re: Error: reopen service in a request
          Julian Wigman ITSMMVPGroup

Orlando, can you post a screenshot of the error as it is a bit difficult to understand your English description.

Julian

MarXtar Ltd

• 2. Re: Error: reopen service in a request
            Orlando Daza Apprentice

Hello Julian:

I describe you the steps in this process:

I have a service in the service catalogue with the "Generic Request" process.

A final user request a service.

The Analyst Cancel the request.

The final user reopen the service and the request is in "Provisioning"

The analyst give  provisioning again, the error appears.

The error is "It is not possible to create a record called 'Service request completed'. This name is already being used by another registry."

The request can´t be closed.

Thanks Julian

• 3. Re: Error: reopen service in a request

How is the Analyst cancelling the Service Request and what status is it on before and immediately after the cancel action is pressed; does it go to a (red) end type status?

Can you show us the part of the process where the Cancel action is;  maybe it has been added incorrectly as an “optional action” but I definately cant see in the above screenshot.

I’ll need to run your error through google translate as I am struggling to think of an arror that mentions some of the keywords you are using; “registry” for example as I cant see ServiceDesk caring about the windows registry in this what if that is what it is suggesting.

Julian

MarXtar Ltd

• 4. Re: Error: reopen service in a request
                Orlando Daza Apprentice

Hi Julian:

the process used is "Request Management: Generic Service Request", without changes, it is default. Before the analyst cancel, the status is "provisioning". When the end user "reopen" the request the new status is "provisioning" again. In this moment the analyst provision the request, but the error appear.

I think the error it is generated by, in point 4: double click - close window

right-click in the blue field  - calculation - syntax

Thanks Julian.  I try to explain it well

• 5. Re: Error: reopen service in a request

That is just empty calculation; they all look like that when you open a new calculation.

I dont think that would be the issue anyway. 

Julian

• 6. Re: Error: reopen service in a request
                    Orlando Daza Apprentice

The error refers to the field in blue. In all default process, is the same error.

Thanks

• 7. Re: Error: reopen service in a request

Granted but I dont think that is your problem.

You can always right-click any field that supports calculations and if you open up the calculation editor and press syntax check; you will get the error you are seeing as the default starting code's incomplete. It doesn't matter though as you cant save the calc anyway. The error is because the “Value = “ line is incomplete.  If you are adamant this is your error then set a value on the parameter and then retest; I don't think that will make the slightest difference. ie change to

Value = “Whatever closure title i want”

I think next step is to turn on diagnostic logging in Configuration Centre for the web application you are using and then see if any more information is presented in the log files. Set to Error level.

Julian

MarXtar Ltd

• 8. Re: Error: reopen service in a request
                        Orlando Daza Apprentice

Hi Julian:

This is the log and the error in the web.

• 9. Re: Error: reopen service in a request

Hi

I would probably suggest you contact your support provider and log a support case for this as they probably would need a copy of your Database to investigate further.

If I had this issue my steps would be to first recreate it in my dev/test environment away from the live environment.  Once that is confirmed I would edit the process and remove the close automatic action where the issue is occurring and then save. I‘d reopen the process and add it back in again and configure as before. I‘d then retest to confirm if it now works because maybe it is just some corrupted metadata causing the error. If this still didn't work I’d remove the close automatic action completely and join the transition directly from the reminder to the closed status and retest again to confirm it now works an this action is definitely the cause, Not the close automatic action is not absolutely necessary; it just puts an entry on the closure collection for completeness.  That may give support more help in diagnosing the root cause.

Julian

MarXtar Ltd

• 10. Re: Error: reopen service in a request

odaza Have you made any progress on getting nearer to a resolution for this issue or are you still stuck?

Julian