7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2018 4:02 AM by Motaz

Creating Window for linked business objects attributes

dushan Rookie

I have created a new business object to capture some security alarm attributes and wanted to create a alternative incident management process for security incidents.

1. I have created new object call  'SOC properties' as follows.

https://community.ivanti.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/280790/new+object.jpg

2. Added it in the “Ticket” object to create the  1 -1 relationship.  (Ticket is our incident management module )

https://community.ivanti.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/280888/linking.png

3. Then added the attributes in the linked object in to the window

4. But they appear “Un-editable” when loaded the window.

https://community.ivanti.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/280889/un-editable.png

How can I make them read/write ( This property is already set as “Read/Write” )

• 1. Re: Creating Window for linked business objects attributes
          Motaz ITSMMVPGroup

Hi Dushan,

The images are broken but I understand your issue. The 1-1 relationship will view the fields in read only mode (Only if you use the presistance type of the business object as Reference or Order then the items will be as dropdown list). In this case, I believe the best thing to do is to have One-to-Many relationship then use this relationship to create an action from an incident (like how you use Notes for example).

Motaz

TjDeeD Technology

• 2. Re: Creating Window for linked business objects attributes
            dushan Rookie

Hi Motaz,

Thank you for the suggestion. But that will not serve the purpose. I don't want to have collection of 'SOC Properties' type of objects attached to the ticket. I want only just single instance of this type and this needs to be captured in the primary screen (not by an action which would add in the next/later stage and then it would appear in the "tabs" section)

Thx & Best Regards,

Dushan

• 3. Re: Creating Window for linked business objects attributes
              Motaz ITSMMVPGroup

Hi Dushan,

As per my understanding, you don't want these fields to be under im_incident table. Perhaps you could have the action as I mentioned and then use copy rules. The use of copy rules is explained in the below article:

How to set up Copy Rules

Hope that answers your question.

• 4. Re: Creating Window for linked business objects attributes
                dushan Rookie

Hi Motaz,

First of all thank you so much for your assistance. I went through the document but I'm not sure if it serves my requirement. If I simplify my requirement,

I need to have a separate table as 'SOC Properties' with the above listed attributes. (Alarm ID, Log source, Risk Score, Alarm Time, Notification time, Alarm category) Every ticket instance which the process create should have related 'SOC Property' row (instance) with the attributes captured through the form (Window).

1 row of Ticket  should have 1 row of 'SOC Properties'  (GUID (primary key) of SOC property row should be saved in the im_incident table )

Thx & Rgds,

Dushan

• 5. Re: Creating Window for linked business objects attributes
                  Motaz ITSMMVPGroup

I would still recommend using a collection since you don't want all of this data to be stored in im_incident and just want the primary key to be in there. If you want to have one entry ONLY then you could configure a pre-condition (before the SOC Action) that checks if SOC Property has been added to the incident? If yes then the action will be hidden once it is used.

This way, you will have the data stored in another table and each incident will accept/have one SOC Property only.

• 6. Re: Creating Window for linked business objects attributes
                    dushan Rookie

Hi Motaz,

Appreciate your response & assistance always......!

"you could configure a pre-condition (before the SOC Action) that checks if SOC Property has been added to the incident"

But the question is, "Where do I capture the data/values for the 'SOC Property' object's attributes" ?

Rgds,

Dushan

• 7. Re: Creating Window for linked business objects attributes
                      Motaz ITSMMVPGroup

Hi Dushan,

You already created the business object. Now you need to get the 1 to many relationship done. Then build a new form for this object (Also add the relationship to the ticket window). Once all of these are configured, go to your process and add the required action.

You can contact me directly if you need any assistance is setting this up.

Motaz

TjDeeD Technology