3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2018 2:29 AM by DTurner

What field relates Service Request to Incident

JGotze Apprentice

I am creating a Service Request from and Incident using workflow.  Once the Service Request is created I want to do an Insert Child for a Task on the Service Request.

• 1. Re: What field relates Service Request to Incident
          DTurner Expert

Hi JGotze,

IIRC, there isn't an OOTB "Convert to Service Request" workflow, so it depends how your workflow is setup. It may be related via the IncidentAssociatedServiceReq relationship and therefore IncidentLink on SR.

If your aim is to have this in one workflow, I think you would need to create a "Create Task" Quick Action/Workflow on the Service Request business object then trigger this using a 'Run for Child' block on the initial workflow (from Incident).

• 2. Re: What field relates Service Request to Incident
            JGotze Apprentice

Hello,

I am creating the Service Request via incoming email using the Incident Listener which creates an Incident based. A business rule on Incident based on the Symptom field creates an associated Service Request. Now I want to add a task to that Service Request. then cancel the Incident which is only used a a vehicle to create the Service Request.  I tried to do a Run for Child from the incident, but the Quick Action I created on Service Request isn't showing up in the list.

• 3. Re: What field relates Service Request to Incident
              DTurner Expert

The screenshot attached shows task quick actions due to the relationship selected (Incident/Task). In order to select a Service Request quick action, you would need to select the relevant relationship.

Based on what you have said, it sounds like the following should take place:

1. Receive Email
              2. Create Incident
              3. Convert to Service Request
              4. Add Task
              5. Cancel Incident

In order to do this, I would have some flag on the Incident object which can set off a triggered action than invokes a workflow.

The workflow then converts the Incident to a Service Request using whatever method you have found effective (don't think this is provided OOTB). When creating the Service Request, make sure they are linked through the relevant field e.g. RecId (Incident) -> IncidentLink (SR).

Then add a 'Run for Child' block to create a task on the Service Request (selecting whatever relationship was used above).

Use an 'Update' block to cancel the Incident.

I haven't tested this, but the above outlines how I would go about it. Let me know if you have any questions