4 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2018 5:45 AM by TxtEva

"Publish to web" option on Email not showing for Self Service Users

TxtEva Apprentice

Hi,

I'm using on premises Heat.

When ticking the "Publish to web" option on Email it won't allow the Self Service user to view the update.

The email sends without issue and the Analyst can view the email.

The Self Service user can see notes which have been published to web.

Any suggestions how I can get this working? It would help encourage users to use the portal more often.

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: "Publish to web" option on Email not showing for Self Service Users
          Apprentice

You know, I just assumed that worked out of the box and never really looked. Seems more like a bug to me but I'm going to open a ticket with support as it is my understanding that this should work out of the box.

I've looked at the Update My Items triggered actions and Quick actions for any signs of excluding Journal.Email object but didnt see any.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: "Publish to web" option on Email not showing for Self Service Users
            AlasdairRobertson ITSMMVPGroup

Out of the box self Service will only show the customer notes, this is because the self service page is not configured to display them.  This is easily changed however you should be aware that the Publish to Web flag is not exposed on the Send Email quick action and has to be managed either manually or you need to update it according to your requirement.

If you go to the Incident.WebSelfService.Edit form on the incident module you will find that activity history is displayed using a flex setting control (the same as is used on the incident details tab to display the journal entries to the analyst).  You can update this control to display the emails to the user.  You can also set a saved search at this point for example to only display emails which have the published to self service option ticked or are sent to the currently logged in user.  This can be used in addition to the role security model (the role security model takes precedence.)

You can do a similar thing for service request as well if required.

I hope this helps.

Mike90 This is not a bug just the way self service is configured, feel free to raise as an idea.  I have also raised as an idea the fact that the publish to web and IsSystemGenerated flags are not exposed on the quick action template which all link in to this nicely....please vote on those as well

• 3. Re: "Publish to web" option on Email not showing for Self Service Users
              TxtEva Apprentice

Thank you  - I will have a test with that.

• 4. Re: "Publish to web" option on Email not showing for Self Service Users
                TxtEva Apprentice

Wow, that was surprisingly easy when you knew where to tick the box! Thank you

Trying to locate the right form to update for Service request but I'm sure its hiding somewhere.

After some playing I've managed to add some extra info to the boxes - just in case its useful to anyone else finding this.

Journal#Email

<div>

<span><b>Sent:</b> {CreatedDateTime:date(_$R("m/d/Y g:i A"))}</span>

<span><b>To:</b> {ToAddrList} </span>

<span><b>Subject:</b> {Subject}</span>

<span><b>Email:</b> {EmailBody}</span>  </p>

</div>

Journal#Notes

<div>

<p>

<span><b>Updated:</b> {CreatedDateTime:date(_$R("m/d/Y g:i A"))}</span>

<span><b>Subject:</b> {Subject}</span>

<span><b>Details:</b> {NotesBody}</span>  </p>

</div>

P.S. I've voted on those!