We're having an issue at the moment following a Database refresh on our UAT environment.
We have a call outstanding but I thought I'd ask the forum to see if anyone else has had the same issue.
- Back up taken of Prod Application Database and restored into the STG environment successfully.
- Back up then taken of STG to remove email listener settings and restored to the UAT app database
- Log on unavailable in UAT DB – error message is ‘Access Denied’. DB can be seen by the server as it is presenting the log on screen
- Prod back up then restored to UAT including email listener being on – the email service on UAT server has been disabled to stop the application looking in the Prod mailbox and logging calls in UAT incorrectly
- Same issue with log on applies to UAT with refresh straight from Prod
- All server application services and ISS Services have been restarted on UAT server after all DB restores
- Another Prod backup was taken at a later date than that of the one restored into STG and put straight into UAT – same issue with log on applies
- A back up of the UAT DB was taken one calendar week before the refresh that has worked in STG and not in UAT. This back up that is solely of the UAT DB can be restored to make the UAT application work, however this does not contain the relevant data or config settings that are applied in the Prod or STG
- Local Admin account also fails to log onto Application – even running script on the DB to set the password to a generic log on does not allow access
- All user accounts do not have access
Does anyone happen to know the specific tables in the DB that store the user accounts or log ons etc. as we might be able to strip these out of the working old version of UAT and into the new one as a trial.
Any help or advice would be appreciated.