3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2018 11:02 AM by masterpetz

In place upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

dferguson Rookie

This is my first time posting but I have been trying to get a package built to use an unpacked iso to do an upgrade.  I was following the instructions from this posting (Windows 7 to Windows 10 1703 Inplace Upgrade ) but my packages hang on installing or when I tweak the command prompts I also see a Client has started processing task and nothing ever happens.

Under Install/Uninstall options I have /auto upgrade /quiet .  Has anyone else had success in doing in place upgrades?

Thanks,

Doug

• 1. Re: In place upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10
          Kayla.Culpepper SupportEmployee

Hello!

Thanks for posting to the Ivanti Community.

Sorry that it seems no one has the answer to be able to assist you on this yet.  Did you manage to get any further information on this? Please share anything you deem useful and the community may be able to offer some help.

If not then please do consider the other ways to engage with us to get assistance:

https://community.ivanti.com/community/contact-support

Kayla Culpepper
          Customer Service Coordinator
          Ivanti

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: In place upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10
            dferguson Rookie

I have tried the tips from other posts on here and one worked for 2 computers, but for some reason there were other computers that could not take the update.  Additionally we have a piece of software that does not work with the newest Win 10 so going forward having to find a way to do the upgrade from a specific version.  The journey continues.....

• 3. Re: In place upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10
              masterpetz ITSMMVPGroup

Hi Doug,

we had a similar issue with some of our devices when patching Windows 10 from one version to a higher one. The devices seemed to start the upgrade but nothing ever happens. Best thing to find out what's wrong is to manually upgrade one of the affected machines to get a feedback from the upgrade process. In our case, we get the message, that the antivirus wasn't supported for Windows 10 xxxx, so the upgrade doesn't happen. If you do this in silent mode, you never have a chance to find this out. After we changed the AV, the upgrade process works fine. I think there might be the same issues if you do in place upgrade from windows 7 to 10.

Hope this helps...

Kind regards

Christian

1 of 1 people found this helpful