1 Reply Latest reply on May 14, 2018 11:39 AM by Goldenbear68

CI Map Description - When Asset Is Linked In Incident

Goldenbear68 Rookie

How does HEAT decide what description to show when you attach a CI asset to an incident?  Where can you go in the system to configure which field to display?  From what I can tell, it looks like HEAT uses the Name field.  However, we added a new CI, and when we link the asset to an incident, it is using the Serial Number field for the description; even though the Name field is populated.  We would like to standardize the description for all CI assets that are linked.  Any help would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: CI Map Description - When Asset Is Linked In Incident
          Goldenbear68 Rookie

I was finally able to figure out how to change what is displayed when you Link an asset to an incident.  I had to open the default form that we use for incidents.  I then clicked on the Asset box on the form.  Then I went to the left side and clicked on Flex settings.  I then scrolled down to the CI I wanted to changed, and clicked on it.  I then went to the right side and changed the First Line Field from Serial Number to Name and saved it.  Now when I link the new CI, it shows the Name field.