3 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2018 6:33 AM by Julian Wigman

CI Audit Trail

Mark6785 Apprentice

We have in our webdesk a query called "CI audit trail" , which when given a CI ref number will show historical entries for attribs that have changed

I need to know how it works in order to build some sort of tool to get history on many CIs . I cant even tell which query the shortcut is running.

Is it something to do with the cf_current_version_guid in the cf_config_item table in the DB?

any suggestions?

thanks,

-mark

• 1. Re: CI Audit Trail
          Julian Wigman ITSMMVPGroup

Mark6785 it sounds like your query is based on versioning of CI’s and potentially you have the main “Configuration Item” object marked for automatic versioning.

In console Query & Report designer, group the tree by ”module” and then look under node “configuration item” or maybe “configuration item version”

Julian

MarXtar Ltd

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: CI Audit Trail
            Mark6785 Apprentice

Thanks Julian , I'd tried query designer ci \ ci but not noticed the “configuration item version” object.

There is a table in the database called same , which when I feed it the guid from a particlar Ci brings a number of records.

The table has number of guid columns for site , dept ,  room number , which I guess are the properties that have been configured as "auditable" / traceabl / history  ?

• 3. Re: CI Audit Trail
              Julian Wigman ITSMMVPGroup

Those columns are those in Object Designer on the Configuration Item object that have the versioning property set to ”version controlled”.

Julian

MarXtar Ltd

1 of 1 people found this helpful