3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2018 5:48 AM by IJU

How to link service requests

Rookie

Hello,

Is it possible to link Service Requests?  For example, service request one gets linked to service request two, and I'd like service request one to be marked as fulfilled.  The combined service request is then linked to a third service request, and the combined one if then marked as fulfilled, leaving only the third service request as Submitted.  Is this possible, and if so, how would I go about it?

Many thanks,

Marcel. 

• 1. Re: How to link service requests
          IJU Apprentice

Hello,

judging from what you wrote it seems to be rather simple to accomplish. But please share some more ideas or details on this. For example:

- Do you need to link more than one Service Requests to the first (older) one?

- Does setting the status of the older Service Request happen automatically?

If you wanted to link an older or previous Service Request to a newer one then you could do it like the master / child functionality found in the Incident modul.

1. Build a link field "ServiceRequest_Old_LNK" in Service Request

2. Create a Relationship with the cardinality of 1:n using the prior Link field

3. Refer to the Relationship in the Link field

4. Create a boolean field "Old_ServiceRequestLinked"

5. Create a Quick Action you later add to a toolbar or form "Set old Service Request" and make it set the boolean field to "true"

6. Add the Link field to a form

7. Make the link field read only when the boolean field is false

8. Add the Button to the form right next to the link field

Now this would allow to link a certain "old" service request to a number of newer Service Requests. If only 1:1 is needed then reconfigure the relationship being used accordingly.

Is this what you had in mind? If not please explain in more detail

Beste Grüße / Best Regards

Immanuel Jungheim
          Consultant

ITSM Consulting GmbH |   Germany   |   D-55294 Bodenheim   |   Am Kuemmerling 21-25   
          Mobile: +49 151 29256681 |   Tel.: +49 6135 9334 0   |   Fax: +49 6135 9334 22   |   E-Mail: [email protected]   |   Web: www.itsmgroup.com

ITSM Group – Be Better

Geschäftsführer: Siegfried Riedel, Amtsgericht Mainz HRB 47740

Diese E-Mail ist vertraulich zu behandeln. Sie kann besonderem rechtlichen Schutz unterliegen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind, senden Sie bitte diese E-Mail an den Absender zurück, löschen die eingegangene E-Mail und geben den Inhalt der E-Mail nicht weiter. Jegliche unbefugte Bearbeitung, Nutzung, Vervielfältigung oder Verbreitung ist verboten. / This e-mail is confidential and may also be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please reply to sender, delete the e-mail and do not disclose its contents to any person. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, copying or distribution is strictly prohibited.

• 2. Re: How to link service requests
            Rookie

Hello Immanuel,

Thank you for your message.  In answer to your questions;

1) Yes, I may need to link 3-4 older Service Requests to a new Service Request

2) Setting the Status of the older Service Request automatically would be a nice feature to have.

I am fairly new at creating Service Requests; do you have detailed instructions on how I can follow your guide please?  I have checked the Ivanti forum on this topic, but there isn't very much to go on.

Many thanks,

Marcel.

• 3. Re: How to link service requests
              IJU Apprentice

Hello,

sorry for my really late response. Busy times. If my help is still needed you might find the steps helpful which I now enriched with more details:

1. Build a new field of the type "link field" with e.g. name "ServiceRequest_Old_LNK" in the Service Request Business Object

2. Create a Relationship in the Business Object Service Request going to "Service Request" with the cardinality of 1:n using the prior Link field and with a name you might find fit.

3. Go back to the previously created link field and refer to the Relationship in the Link field options.

4. Create a new boolean field "Old_ServiceRequestLinked" in the Business Object Service Request.

5. a. Create a Quick Action of the type "Update" and make it set the previously created boolean field to the value "true".

5. b. Add this Quick Action to a toolbar (Go to the Layout of the Service Request Business Object and find the toolbar in either the form- or list/grid view) or go to a form you're using in one of your layouts and add the button to the form via the "other elements" (I think) and refer to the previously created quick action.

6. Add the Link field to a form

7. Make the link field read only when the boolean field is false. Use a "Read Only" rule in the Business Rules or  directly on the form in Service Request. You might want to position the button (see last step) next to that link field.

I hope that helps and again sorry for the late response.

Immanuel Jungheim

Consultant

ITSM Group – Be Better.

www.itsmgroup.com