3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2009 12:20 AM by koenhuntink

Finding custom products in report manager

Rookie

Dear Reader,

Where can I find custom products definitions in the landesk report builder? I can't find these under software, application suites this are the automatic discovered products..

• 1. Re: Finding custom products in report manager
          Master

At this time the Report Builder will only show data that is found in the Inventory of a Machine. So if you have made Custom Products in SLM that are not on any machine in your enviroment, there will not be a way to view that data in the Report Builder.

• 2. Re: Finding custom products in report manager
            phoffmann SupportEmployee

Or put another way -- the current SLM reports are not reporducable in the report builder, since we use various "outside" ways to get data into them (running direct SQL, etc.).

This is something we've had a few requests for, and will be intent on working on to be improved for the future, so that you/others can customize their own SLM reports (that's the idea at any rate).

But, at present, if you need customized SLM reports, you're going to need to query the DB via SQL directly most likely.

- Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead

• 3. Re: Finding custom products in report manager
              Rookie

Thanks for your reply's!

Actually I was able to build a custom report by using sql and sql reporting services. But now I need to make a query for computers who have 2 custom products installed and use these results as input for a scheduled task. I can make a query for filenames and versions but this is a tedious work. By building custom reports I learned that custom products are stored in the landesk database with their unique Product_IDN. Functionality for using this information in the landesk report/query builder would be greatly appreciated http://community.landesk.com/support/images/emoticons/happy.gif

Thanks in advance!