2 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2018 1:19 PM by hind

Goldmine - search by first name and last name

Apprentice

Hi,

I am building .net application using Goldmine API.

It does not seem that select statement that I am doing to get the first name works, nor does the search by last name work.

Select  Contact, Company, Address1, AccountNo, Phone1 From Contact1 Where Contact LIKE '%" + firstName + "%'

is there any way to search by first name, last name?

Thank you

• 1. Re: Goldmine - search by first name and last name
          John Neighbors SSMMVPGroup

An out of the box GoldMine implementation does not store the "firstname" separately anywhere.

Some of our clients happen to have it stored in the "Dear" field, but that's customer-dependent and not everyone does such.

Where are you running this query?

Where is "firstName" coming from at the end of the query?  (firstName is not a standard GoldMine field name.)

Most GoldMine implementations store the full name in the contact field, so it is essentially the first name and last name with a space between (unless the middle name comes into play).  Therefore, searching by contact is essentially searching by "first name, last name", as you've asked (excluding the comma).

• 2. Re: Goldmine - search by first name and last name
            Apprentice

thank you for your response.

I will look further into this and I will keep you posted if I have issue