2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2018 2:49 PM by GreggSmith

Restrict viewing of fields like summary or description for only particular group

MS Rookie

Can we restrict viewing of fields like summary or description for only particular group in Xtraction which is integrated with CA Service Desk Manager ?

• 1. Re: Restrict viewing of fields like summary or description for only particular group
          Kayla.Culpepper SupportEmployee

Hello!

Thanks for posting to the Ivanti Community.

Sorry that it seems no one has the answer to be able to assist you on this yet.  Did you manage to get any further information on this? Please share anything you deem useful and the community may be able to offer some help.

If not then please do consider the other ways to engage with us to get assistance:

https://community.ivanti.com/community/contact-support

Kayla Culpepper
          Customer Service Coordinator
          Ivanti

• 2. Re: Restrict viewing of fields like summary or description for only particular group
            GreggSmith SupportEmployee

I thought I had previously answered a similar question, but I can't seem to find it, so it must have been something in email.

Xtraction does not currently have field-level security.  So, you can't configure Xtraction to allow some people so see certain fields and other people can't.

What you CAN do is view-level security.  Through data policies, you can give some people access to certain views and other people access to other views.  So, you could create 2 views that are identical, except 1 of the views does not have certain fields, like the summary or description you referenced. Then, you grant access to the full view or limited view accordingly.  The downside is that any given dashboard would be based on one of those views and wouldn't work for the other view.  You would have to create separate dashboards for each view.

I would also suggest submitting field-level security as an Idea/Enhancement Request.

Thanks,

Gregg