I'm trying to accomplish the following. In our organization we use mostly hp computers. As some of you may know, hp only puts the serial number on the box and not the mac address. I set up the following:
1. An PXE Representative;
2. I made different templates needed for all the os deployment task and bundled these task in a template and scheduled this "master" template;
3. I defined a new device in the "Bare Metal Server" container and used the serial number as the identifier type;
4. I placed the new Bare metal provision device in the scheduled template task and started the task. The status of the device is delayed;
5. I boot the device with pxe and start the Winpe provisioning. The Landesk provisioning agent notifies me "that there are no Provisioning tasks defined for this
6. I can login with my Landesk credentials and start the task manually which seems to work fine. But I want to automate this process, so that the computer
starts the shedualed task automatically and uses the device name value in the Landesk database as the device name(which I defined with public variables)
Is this even possible? Can Landesk discover the serial number of my machine and associate this with the defined device under the "bare metal server" container? Or is this only possible with the Mac address? Or can I script this somehow?
Thanks in advance!