1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 29, 2009 4:55 AM by elizabethcombrink

Crosstab report on Open Incidents by group & status

Rookie

I’m attempting to write a cross tab report to show Open Incidents per Support Group by Status.

We used to have something similar in HelpDesk and I need to recreate this in Service Desk but I’m struggling.

I’m looking for something similar to the table below

Awaiting 2nd line responseOpenWith 1st LineWith 2nd lineTotal
      Comms

Desktops

Operations

Total

I can retrieve the Support Groups and Statuses but the counts of Incidents in the table do not match the data that is retrieved by our ‘Workload List’ queries

LC_STATUS.LC_TITLE

TPS_GROUP.TPS_TITLE

What should go in here to give count of Incidents per support group for each status ?

Should this be count of PM_PROCESS.PM_ID or IM_INCIDENT.IM_LATEST_ASSIGNMENT_GUID

Or IM_INCIDENT.IM_CURRENT_ASSIGNMENT_GUID or something else ny assistance would be?

Any assistance would be rgatefully received!

• 1. Re: Crosstab report on Open Incidents by group & status
          elizabethcombrink Employee

Hi Mandy,

I often use crosstab reports in Crystal - and its so easy to get the criteria wrong and not realise because you don't actually see the data behind each total. Here are my steps where I first build the totals myself through grouping and count / sum /etc to validate, and then put the crosstab in.

1 - Start off with a normal, blank report with  basic select statement to make sure I'm pulling the correct data back from the database.

2 - Then put in grouping and counts to count the records you return.  (Remember to that you may sometimes want to use Distinct Count and not Count). Validate / reconcile the data to make sure you're getting what you want.

3 - Put in a crosstab in the header, put the summaries in, and make sure that they correspond to the groupings and totals you calculated in the details.

4 - Clean up the crystal report by deleting all the Groupings and things in the details sections, and minimise the different .

PS Difference between current assignment and latest assignment becomes apparent at resolution / closure.  Every time the Current Assignment changes to a new assignment, the Latest Assignment is updated to be Current Assignment.  When ticket is resolved/closed the Current Assignment is null, but the Latest Assignment remains as the assignment which was active when the ticket was resolved/closed.