8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2009 1:09 PM by zman

How to delete multiple folders using wildacards with PB?

Rookie

Or a LanDesk script if it's more efficient.

We've migrated from one application platform to a whole new platform. (A terminal emulator program has gone Citrix based from Fat client.)

With this comes the need for cleanup of a plethora of random folder and icon names.

People (Mostly out helpdesk) have created random folder names for this old legacy stuff and I've pushed about 6 different packages out, but our desktop team keeps finding new icons and folders.

What's I'm trying to accomplish looks something like this:

Delete Files
      C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\TerminalProg.lnk

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\Vendorname TerminalProg.lnk
      C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Dave's TerminalProg.lnk

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Jane's TerminalProg v2.lnk

Folders
      C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Terminal Standalone 4
      C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Vendorname

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Vendorname Terminal Standalone 4
      C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Terminal Navigator 11
      C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Terminal Navigator 12

There could be 30 or 40 more variations, but the common thread is either the name of the terminal program, the name of the vendor or the name of the GUI application that the Terminal program support.

These may have applications inside them, and some may just have shortcuts.

I'm not concerned about removing the applications themselves as we've pushed uninstall packages for them already, so if they still have the folder they either failed to uninstall, or just left some icons behind. (Leaving some program data behind won't interfere with anything else, but if our users see these icons they will click them.... then call the help desk when it doesn't work... even if the Icon is titled "Please don't click me"

Thanks for any insights you may have!

P.S. We're running LanDesk 8.7 with WinXP workstations (With a sprinkling of 2k)

Jack Thompson

LanDesk Admin