3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2018 8:17 AM by cw30755

How to include multiple customers / stakeholders in notifications on an Incident

cw30755 Apprentice

OK, so I know that is a vaguely worded question, so let me explain.   I was just approached and asked if there was some way of keeping multiple people "in the loop" on particular incidents.  They worded it as adding "multiple customers" but the outcome is that they want other stakeholders (besides the customer, generally department heads or other management types) included on Incident notifications.  These people would not have access to Ivanti (other than the regular SSU role).  Would a setting these people up as a team be the best way to that?  Our system is still in it's infancy and I'm trying hard to build the system with better concepts and design in mind.

I'm very interested in hearing how some of you have tackled this issue.  Thanks!!

• 1. Re: How to include multiple customers / stakeholders in notifications on an Incident
          danielsarnowski SupportEmployee

Hello,

I would say that getting those 'important people' put into one team would be the best option. Once this is done, by going to Configure >Communication Templates >Communication Manager you can adjust notifications sent for Incident:

It would be possible to put this team into CC or BCC fields for every email sent out.

Regards

Daniel

• 2. Re: How to include multiple customers / stakeholders in notifications on an Incident
            vee Apprentice

If you want to dynamically be able to pick who is included in the email for any particular Incident, I would suggest adding an Employee tab to your incident layout from where you can link anyone who wants to be included in an email. They don't need to be configured with system access to receive this email.

Here's how you do it:

On Incident, create a new relationship titled "IncidentFollowers" or something along those lines which related to the "Employee" business object:

Screen Shot 2018-06-26 at 10.53.08 am.png

Then, from your Incident layout - FormView - add an additional Child panel and point it to this relationship you just created:

Screen Shot 2018-06-26 at 10.54.34 am.png

Pick an appropriate form and list for this panel, and make sure to edit the toolbar, you probably want to remove all options except for link/unlink

You'll now have a tab on Incident from where you can link/unlink employees:

Screen Shot 2018-06-26 at 10.57.41 am.png

Finally, from your email, select the To, CC or BCC field and then click on the Address Book. The system automatically includes an option for you to choose based on the relationship you created "Employee.Email via IncidentFollowers":

Screen Shot 2018-06-26 at 11.02.46 am.png

Now all linked employees will receive the email.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: How to include multiple customers / stakeholders in notifications on an Incident
              cw30755 Apprentice

Sorry it has taken me a while to respond, it has been a crazy couple of weeks here.  I really like your solution and marked it as correct - but we wound up adding a field to the Incident BO and attaching an address book to it very similar to what was discussed here:

Re: How to add multiple owners and CC field to Incidents

But I really like your idea better!  Thanks SO much for the detailed reply!