5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2018 11:09 AM by emeamolly

Zebra/Motorola MC40 Emulator

Neha Rookie

We are looking for emulator for Zebra/Motorola MC40 devices and found Wavelink Emulators for Zebra MC40 at "http://www.wavelink.com/Zebra-MC40-Emulators-downloads/"

Wanted to understand the usability for this emulator.

1. Can the APK provided on the above link be used on the Desktop via Android Studio to emulate the MC40 device or it is applicable for installation on Mobile device only.
      2. Can the APK provided on the above link be used on the Mobile device, to test the bar code functionality also.
      3. We need to test a custom app running on the MC40 Emulator, so will it be possible to test the same using this emulator on PC or on a mobile device.
      4. Apart from Emulator for MC40, the site provides Avalanche Enablers and Velocity Clients. What are they used for?
        • 1. Re: Zebra/Motorola MC40 Emulator
          emeamolly SupportEmployee

Hello,

Please see the response below:

1. Can the APK provided on the above link be used on the Desktop via Android Studio to emulate the MC40 device or it is applicable for installation on Mobile device only. ANSWER: It is for the install on the device only.
          2. Can the APK provided on the above link be used on the Mobile device, to test the barcode functionality also? ANSWER: The apk provided is to install the Telnet Client. The TE Client works with either a paired Bluetooth scanner or a camera in the device.
          3. We need to test a custom app running on the MC40 Emulator, so will it be possible to test the same using this emulator on PC or on a mobile device. ANSWER: Yes it's possible.
          4. Apart from Emulator for MC40, the site provides Avalanche Enablers and Velocity Clients. What are they used for? ANSWER: Avalanche Enabler is a client needed to manage devices through an MDM we provide. Velocity is an Android client that can connect to Telnet hosts (including IBM 5250/3270 and VT100/220), web apps, and Oracle SIM hosts. It is what is replacing Android Telnet.

If you are looking to connect to an emulation host like 5250 or VT or WEB I will suggest you use Velocity.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Molive

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Zebra/Motorola MC40 Emulator
            Neha Rookie

Hi Molive,

Thanks a lot for the detailed response. That was really helpful!

Basically, we are looking for an MC 40 Emulator which runs on the Desktop. We have come across the Android based emulators and Velocity client from Wavelink, but as we analyzed and you also suggested they can be run only on Android Mobile devices.

Our requirement is: We have an android based application that currently runs on the MC40 devices and we want to test that application on the MC40 emulator running on Desktop. Can you please guide us on this, if any such MC40 / MC 60 Emulator exists that runs on Desktop; or is there any other means by which we can test our android application (that is developed for MC40) on PC.

Looking forward for your support!

Thanks and Regards,

Neha

• 3. Re: Zebra/Motorola MC40 Emulator

Naha,

I would advise at this point that you contact support for further clarification on this. Open up a support ticket and one of our techs will provide the best recommendation based on your needs.

https://community.ivanti.com/external-link.jspa?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsupport.ivanti.com%2F

Thanks,

Molive

• 4. Re: Zebra/Motorola MC40 Emulator
                Neha Rookie

Hi Molive,

I tried to create support ticket, but I am getting a message that ’You are not authorised to open support ticket’

Is there any other way, I can contact the technical team.

Thanks and Regards,

Neha

• 5. Re: Zebra/Motorola MC40 Emulator

Neha,

Please use the following to call in.

Thanks,

Molive