3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2018 3:05 AM by amagi

PXE Service on Preferred Server does not start successfully

iain.chapman@uk.tdk-lambda.com Rookie

Hello,

I'm new to the EPM solution, so perhaps am not complete familiar with the all the 'correct' terms.   We are running 2017.3 Update 4 (Version 10.1.30.401)

Our Preferred Servers are configured to support PXE booting.   On one of the Preferred Servers the "LANDesk(R) PXE Service" does not start successfully.    Each time the service starts it fails as an application error, shown the event log as:

Faulting application name: pxesvc.exe, version: 10.1.30.401, time stamp: 0x59a014a7

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.14393.2312, time stamp: 0x5b1a0c4d

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00046bb1

Faulting process ID: 0x114c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d4087b6a0bf4ec

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\PXE\System\pxesvc.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report ID: 31a2e217-2faf-46b1-862a-55311fc3cf43

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

This repeats every 1 minute, with the service is started again (I assume some watchdog component of the EPM Agent) and the application failing.

I have completely uninstalled the Agent using the "uninstallwinclient.exe /forceclean /showui /noreboot" option - and the manually rebooted, cleaned up and left over LANDesk folders from C:\Program Files (x86) and C:\ProgramData.  After this I have redeployed the Agent - but this does not help .

Nothing I've done has helped me to resolve this issue.

I wonder if anyone has any suggestions, or is experiencing a similar issue please?.

Thank you

Iain.