2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2018 2:41 AM by phoffmann

Distribution Package - Path-Variable - Additional Files in Actions

ldms_4mfe Apprentice

Hi,

I really like Actions and I want to use them more in my Packages.

But I really miss how I can address the additional files.

The Actions seem to start Somewhere in C:\Windows\System32

So I have to tell the action how to find the Files, with something like this:

$installer=$env:TMC_CACHE_DIR+$pkgdir+"\"+$pkg+".exe"

Has somebody a better solution?

Thank you, Marco

• 1. Re: Distribution Package - Path-Variable - Additional Files in Actions
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

No - your solution is pretty much spot on.

Remember that ACTION scripts are purely meant to "go forth and run stuff", as opposed to (intentionally) be part of / require the regular software distribution mechanisms -- they're small things that are just there to make your life easier. Your use of them shows good creativity though - hadn't really considered this way of making use of them.

As for the starting location - that's "normal" -- remember that we run things as LOCAL SYSTEM to begin with, and usually, windows will drop the CMD-prompt for local system in just that location. So yeah - you will want/need to change paths -- because it's not SDCLIENT executing an installer, you're not going to start out in the LDCLIENT directory, as it were.

So - yes, you've identified & solved a problem for what you want to do. I don't think there's going to be a much more elegant solution than what you've come up with.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Distribution Package - Path-Variable - Additional Files in Actions
            phoffmann SupportEmployee

Though - that said ... I *CAN* see potential use cases for "additional files" being dropped with actions potentially.

You may want to log that enhancement request via the usual process here -- Enhancement Requests -- for future consideration!