5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2018 11:20 AM by phoffmann

Software export to CSV or View As Report contains no data

FixNstuff Rookie

Hey guys, I have an issue were I used to be able to export programs that were installed on a computer to a csv file. This way we could check what software was installed and attach that to a ticket for future reference. Now when I try to export as a csv file, the information is empty. As a troubleshooting step, I can try to "View as a report" but, each time I do this, the report is empty and it gives an error message "this report contains no data". I get the same thing if I try to export a csv or create a report for all our preferred servers. What happened? Running 2016.

• 1. Re: Software export to CSV or View As Report contains no data
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

That stuff should work ... you may want to poke support, to see how old / recent a patch level you're on (current latest SU for 2016.3 is SU8, if I'm not mistaken).

They may be able to see any errors (should be in the CONSOLE.LOG) if there's anything that comes up.

But if you're looking at a query or a device-group, then right-clicking & viewing as a report ==> exporting it as a CSV does work for me on my 2016 Core ... so possible something runnig into errors on your side?

Here's my version of the Core / console:

... a query / device group with a bunch of columns ...

... which then gets exported as a CSV via right-click ...

... and nets me this CSV file:

So it's nothing that's "generally broken" in 2016.

Could be that you're hitting up some error (which should show up in the console log one would expect) and/or that you've got a bug that may need to get patched up, dependig on the exact version of your update?

• 2. Re: Software export to CSV or View As Report contains no data
            FixNstuff Rookie

Thanks for replying. Using a query is how we've been able to work around this issue. However, that is not the solution I am looking for. This is when trying to export a machines inventory of the software installed. Double click a machine, in the inventory, navigate to software, add remove programs, program, and then from there, I used to be able to export that list.

When opening the file, you get a nice list of all the programs installed on that PC

Or you can view as report and get this screen

However, in the case I am describing, when exporting to CSV you only have the headers Name and Value (no other data) and when trying to view as a report it throws the error, this report contains no data.

I will add currently that I am not getting this result on the core, only a terminal server that has the console installed on it.

• 3. Re: Software export to CSV or View As Report contains no data

What version are you using exactly ?

I'm just asking on account of the "LANDesk"-logo used in the report template ...

This is from a 2018.1 Core for instance & both options work fine:

... CSV:

... and the REPORT:

So this is definitely something that's "still in the product" and "something that works" ... but you might be on an old(er) version of the product (I'm guessing due to the "LANDesk" branded logo).

What version are you on / using?

If you're not sure -- what does the console show at load-up, i.e. here:

...?

Could be "just" that there's a newer service-update available, or you're on an EOL version (well - chances are you are, even LANDesk Management Suite 9.6 is EOL now) and would need to upgrade (plus highly recommended for various security enhancements alone).

• 4. Re: Software export to CSV or View As Report contains no data
                FixNstuff Rookie

Phoffmann,

Looks like the console on my terminal server doesn't match the version that is on the core.

Core Console

Terminal server console. is missing Service Update 5

I don't think we'll update this as we'll be moving to 2017 within a few weeks. I would like to know if that was the reason though... I'll post more as I learn or close this when we upgrade

• 5. Re: Software export to CSV or View As Report contains no data

I would have to say "quite likely".

You generally *ALWAYS* want to make sure your remote consoles match the console on the Core. In theory, I'm surprised you don't have more issues really.

Slapping the service update on the console shouldn't be a big thing, but sure - no worries with waiting 'til 2017.

As long as it works on your Core, you should be fine .