6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2018 2:15 PM by mbath61

Has anyone integrates a 3rd party live chat module with ISM?

mbath61 Apprentice

We need to integrate a one-to-one live chat into our sites to interface with ISM.

The incorporated Chat feature seems more like a chatroom and it is imperative that we have separate channels for privacy

• 1. Re: Has anyone integrates a 3rd party live chat module with ISM?
          Jonathan.Schmidt SupportEmployee

Hi mbath61,

What chat platform do you have in mind?  Does it have SOAP or REST API capacities?  Assuming you are able to build out an API connector between the two products, I'm not sure how you'd integrate a chat without having the ISM side user constantly having to refresh whatever record you are dumping the chat transcript in to.  I know development and Product Management are working on a cloud based product that leverages AI for chat automation, but I'm not sure they have plans to make the interface something that 3rd parties can tie in to.  You could certainly log a feature request on the User voice portal but I'm seeing PM has already denied one request for Cisco jabber integration.

The ISM Social Board is able to message direct between two people, or to teams or groups.  Is there something insufficient about this as it exists in the product?  You may have better chances getting movement on an improvement to what exists already here.

Jon

• 2. Re: Has anyone integrates a 3rd party live chat module with ISM?
            mbath61 Apprentice

I'm following up with our dev team  about what it would take to build a connector

So the Chat feature included in ISM allows one to one communication ?

Both would have to be a registered user?

• 3. Re: Has anyone integrates a 3rd party live chat module with ISM?

Yes, the chat will do one to one.  I can log in to my ISM demo tenant as two different users (one each in two different browsers) and chat back and forth just between them using the "Publish to" settings as shown above.  Both users must be logged into ISM and therefore need an Employee record or External Contact record with login creds / at least self service role / etc.

Jon

• 4. Re: Has anyone integrates a 3rd party live chat module with ISM?
                mbath61 Apprentice

Could chat via a Publc or anonymous role? while we collect their information?

I have over a 100,000 lawyers that may be potential support users.

I intend to enter them as contacts as they call us but not give them even SelfService privileges until they call in several times.

We have a very large percentage of one time users.  i.e. forgot my site password and never hear from them again

Maintaining that large an active user base will be problematic

• 5. Re: Has anyone integrates a 3rd party live chat module with ISM?

I don't see how that would work and keep the chats private as the anonymous login approach leverages a single account for all anonymous logins.  Do you have anonymous login setup in dev?  If so you could test chatting from there to your own user and back, then try a logout and log back in on the anonymous login.  I think there's a good chance you'd find that the previous chat is still present as it would be tied to the anonymous loginID.

• 6. Re: Has anyone integrates a 3rd party live chat module with ISM?
                    mbath61 Apprentice

And private chats between discrete users, could that be made available in to a SelfService-only role?

Accessible through that limited web acesss?