4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2018 6:16 AM by DGiord

Request offering unique field

DGiord Apprentice

Hello.

I need to set a field unique in a request offering but do not find how to.

Does someone know how?

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Request offering unique field
          Jonathan.Schmidt SupportEmployee

Hi Dgiord,

Are you talking about making a field on the Service Request Object unique or are you talking about the Offering parameters?

If you are talking about Offering Parameters, does the uniqueness need to be across all Service Requests, or just within each individual Service Request?

Is the field in question validated?

Jon

• 2. Re: Request offering unique field
            DGiord Apprentice

Hi.

I want to create a request with an url field but I need users can not ask for an existing url.

When I create a new field for an object, I can check "Unique" option but not in Request Offering.

I tried to use a Find fonction with a ForEach between ServiceReq and ServiceReqParameters but ForEach can not be used in Request Offering.

I am running 2016.1.1 On Premise.

Have a good day.

• 3. Re: Request offering unique field
              Jonathan.Schmidt SupportEmployee

I think I understand now.  You can't validate a parameter as unique as such as it is a special area of the product that allows you to dynamically display the parameter fields based on the Offering in use.

Off the top of my head I'm not sure I can think of a way to make this happen within the RO parameters.  Let me mull it over.  Perhaps someone else will also know how now that we've got a better idea of your use case.

Jon

• 4. Re: Request offering unique field
                DGiord Apprentice

Thank you for your help.

I did not find solution, so I keep waiting for your reply.

Regards.