Server 2003 SP2
I installed the Remote Console on my XP workstation followed by the console SP3 update. When I launch the console I enter my credentials then connect, it is then the program locks up. After 5 minutes I receive the following error message
[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
Invalid connection string attribute
I've checked or setup the following:
- TCP/IP and PIPE are enabled
- Created an ODBC on my workstation
- Registry Service on the server and it's running
- Installed this on another workstation and the same thing happens.
- Successfully Ping IP and Server name
This may be of some help, when I try to telnet to the SQL port my command prompt window goes blank.
Thanks in advance!