4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2009 8:01 AM by phoffmann

CBA 8, the connection was not authorized ERROR

Rookie

Details:

Version 8.8

SQL 2005

Server 2003 SP2

(New install)

This is the first time I've tried sending out a KB Microsoft patch using LD.  After selecting the patch and adding the workstations I start now then receive this error in the results column

CBA 8, the connection was not authorized

Any help would be greatly appreciated

• 1. Re: CBA 8, the connection was not authorized ERROR
          Apprentice

Hi,

You may want to check if the client certificate is present in the folder "%ProgramFiles%\LANDesk\Shared files\cbaroot\certs"

There should be a file with .0 extension there. Same file should be present in the LDlogon folder on the core server.

I've had some machines where the certificate is missing and I always get this error when trying to run commands on those.

best regards,

--

Bjørn Torsteinsen

University of Tromsø, Norway

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: CBA 8, the connection was not authorized ERROR
            phoffmann SupportEmployee

In addition to what has been said above, you may want to check the SERVICEHOST.LOG file on the affected system (the log file is in "C:\Program Files\LANDesk\Shared Files\").

The log file tracks the activities of the common base agent, and also keeps track of attempts of a Core to talk to it (where authentication is the first stage).

Normally, if a certificate handshake fails, we try to fall over to use RPC (Remote Procedure Call) ... are you using a domain-account for the Scheduler service's (main) identify on the Core Server? If that domain account would have local admin permissions on your systems, the RPC side of authentication should work at the very least...

- Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: CBA 8, the connection was not authorized ERROR
              Rookie

Both of your responses pointed me in the right direction.  The issue was that I had reinstalled LD on the server and for some strange reason it created a second Certificate.  Once I went into the Agent and chose the other certificate everything started working.  I also found a permissions problem as well.

Thanks, now to move on to the next issue

• 4. Re: CBA 8, the connection was not authorized ERROR
                phoffmann SupportEmployee

Pleasure to help.

Remember to check what identity you're running the Scheduler service as though, as if you've uninstalled + re-installed,. we'll be running (again) as the default, which is to say "Local System" - which isn't going to get very far with RPC needless to say .

- Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead