First let me introduce short our environment:
-Citrix Xendesktop 7.6 / PVS 7.1
-Windows 7 SP1 Enterprise VDI
-Bitdefender Best Tools
We have some varying users who login and they are stuck on "Applying User Policies". However after a while the desktop is available in the background, because one of the few moments when I can reproduce this issue it is possible to start cmd using Windows+R or other applications. I can see these applications in Desktop Director but not on the VDI.
- Every particular user could have this issue, it is difficult to reproduce this issue!
- Users with this issue cannot be related to a specific AD group membership.
- With EMTools logging we noticed some timing gaps between EM actions for 2 minutes or so, but we don't know why.
- Exclusions in Bitdefender are in place.
- CitrixCTXHooks are in place
- Application EventLog VDI: 6003, 1300, 6005 when this issue occurs on the VDI
Every day about 1800 sessions (active&disconnected) and a average of 20 users experience this issue.
Maybe someone has seen this behavior before and can give us some direction to the root cause of this issue.