2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2018 1:31 AM by phoffmann

Success Delete Printer but still in Query

Rookie

Hi All,

I create Query Printer Network and batch file for delete network printer using Ivanti 10.1.30.401. All status Done and result "The action completed success".

batch file

@echo off

rundll32.exe printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /dn /q /n"\\name_printer"

net stop spooler

net start spooler

after running that package, I run security scan and inventory scan on Ivanti Management Console. Unfortunetly, device hostname still in my query when status "Done".

• 1. Re: Success Delete Printer but still in Query
          Kayla.Culpepper SupportEmployee

Hello,

Thanks for posting to the Ivanti Community.

Sorry that it seems no one has the answer to be able to assist you on this yet.  Did you manage to get any further information on this? Please share anything you deem useful and the community may be able to offer some help.

If not then please do consider the other ways to engage with us to get assistance:

https://community.ivanti.com/community/contact-support

Kayla Culpepper
          Customer Service Coordinator
          Ivanti

• 2. Re: Success Delete Printer but still in Query
            phoffmann SupportEmployee

Have you (re-)run an inventory scan after you deleted the printer? Remember that inventory data is a "snapshot in time", and needs to be updated.

Also - "just because a batch claims it succeeded" doesn't make it so. Check out this document - About Batch File Distribution Packages - that covers a bunch of things around batches. So it's possible your batch ran (/completed) but actually failed doing something as part of your script.

You will want to check out the client-side log (though it'll mainly log the commands it has run) ... if you didn't include exit codes or such in there, not much can be had, I would recommend moving away from batch & using powershell instead (which has better logic, better error capture & generally makes more sense).