4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2018 10:20 PM by Donna

Expression help - relationship

Donna Apprentice

I know this expression is not quite right and wanted a little help - the intention is to change the style

on a task list based on whether the customer of the parent ticket is a VIP and what the parent ticket is.

$(if ParentLink_Category == "Incident"

then "NormalBold"

else if (customerofparent[Employee#.]VIP)

then "VIPTask"

else if ParentLink_Category == "Incident" && (customerofparent[Employee#.]VIP)

then "VIPnIncSD"

else "Normal")

I am sure the relationship for (customerofparent[Employee#.]VIP) is not right - would someone help me out please?

thanks

Donna

• 1. Re: Expression help - relationship
          crispr_bacon Apprentice

HEAT Service Management Online Help This provides some info on the syntax for the relationships.

It's not very clear what you are attempting to achieve, but I think showing how this would work with MasterIncident should be the same thing, you parent object may not be called MasterIncident.

So being on a child incident, linked to a master. I'd want to pull down the VIP status of the Master's profile user. So it goes Child Incident > Master Incident > Profile(linked to master)

[RelSpecifier1][RelSpecifier2][RelSpecifier3]FieldName

So to step into that relationship first, you use the whole relationship key...

[Incident#.MasterIncident]

Then from Master to Customer (Through ProfileLink)...

[Frs_CompositeContract_Contact#.IncidentAssociatedCustomer]

Then the field since we are now at the object.

VIP

Putting that together...

[Incident#.MasterIncident][Frs_CompositeContract_Contact#.IncidentAssociatedCustomer]VIP

In Testing:

• 2. Re: Expression help - relationship
            Donna Apprentice

customerofparent is a calculated field - its is calculated from

$(if ParentLink_Category == "Service Request"

then [ServiceReq#.]ProfileLoginId

else if ParentLink_Category == "Incident"

then [Incident#.Rev3]ProfileFullName

else "")

about any task I wish to highlight it is task parent customer is a VIP whether or not it is an incident or not

the result should be that task highlights if:

the task parent is an incident = bold task number

the task parent is an incident and customer of the parent ticket is a VIP = bold task number on a mauve background

the task parent has a customer of the parent ticket who is a VIP = task number on a mauve background

otherwise it is default.

now I am wondering if adding another calculated field in Task that identifies whether the customer of the parent ticket is a VIP

• 3. Re: Expression help - relationship
              DTurner Expert

Hi Donna,

If 'customerofparent' is a field, I am not sure if 'customerofparent[Employee#.]VIP' is a valid reference, so I ignored that field

The following expression should help but it doesn't have the style names in because I'm lazy... but I'm sure you can fill in the blanks

$(Case ParentLink_Category

when "Incident" then

(If [Incident#.Rev3][Frs_CompositeContract_Contact#.IncidentAssociatedCustomer]VIP then

<BOLD + MAUVE>

else <BOLD>)

when "ServiceReq" then

(If [ServiceReq#.InternalTask][Frs_CompositeContract_Contact#.ServiceReqAssociatedCustomer]VIP then

<MAUVE>

else <DEFAULT[?]>)

else <DEFAULT>)

I think your requirement for "the task parent has a customer of the parent ticket who is a VIP = task number on a mauve background" would be more involved because ParentLink does not have a static relationship and is set on creation of the task record which is why I first use a case statement for the parent and then use the specific relationship specifier for that object in the expression above.

Dec

• 4. Re: Expression help - relationship
                Donna Apprentice

I had a little drama because task and Service Request didn't have a relationship until I made one.

But it works well now

thanks