7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2018 2:33 PM by Peteski

Rename Account in Console

Peteski Apprentice

Has anyone had luck in renaming an AD account used as an EPM console login?

I tried one account and it appeared to not be able to associate the renamed account/existing SID to the login and treated it like a new login.

Thanks

Pete

• 1. Re: Rename Account in Console
          Kayla.Culpepper SupportEmployee

Hello,

Thanks for posting to the Ivanti Community.

Sorry that it seems no one has the answer to be able to assist you on this yet.  Did you manage to get any further information on this? Please share anything you deem useful and the community may be able to offer some help.

If not then please do consider the other ways to engage with us to get assistance:

https://community.ivanti.com/community/contact-support

Kayla Culpepper
          Customer Service Coordinator
          Ivanti

• 2. Re: Rename Account in Console
            Peteski Apprentice

No, no answers yet. I will open a support case.

Thanks for following up Kayla.

• 3. Re: Rename Account in Console
              MarXtar ITSMMVPGroup

Not tried myself but might be worth trying to edit the username field in the consoleusers table of the database. I always thought it would key off the SID which is also stored in there but since it doesn't seem to be for you then this is worth a try.

Mark McGinn

MarXtar Ltd/MarXtar Corporation

http://ivantione.marxtar.com

Ivanti One Development Partner

Try MarXtar Enterprise Notifer for Ivanti to Better Communicate with Your Service Subscribers

Try MarXtar State Management for Ivanti to Better Understand and Manage your Assets

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Rename Account in Console
                Peteski Apprentice

Thanks for the suggestion and pointing me to the table of interest Mark.

It seems maybe it is keying off of the ConsoleUser_Idn so I'll take a snap of the database and maybe toy around with one of the accounts and see if I can get it to work and reply back.

• 5. Re: Rename Account in Console
                  phoffmann SupportEmployee

So - the CONSOLEUSER table is the place to look - that's right.

The "string" part can be changed, and I'm assuming that the actual user SID (which also gets stored there) didn't get changed? If so, just changing the NT-username (and e-mail address) should be doable.

<That said, I've never done this particular stunt, but since it's "just" strings, there's nothing that can't be undone>

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Rename Account in Console
                    Peteski Apprentice

I finally got around to testing this. I ended up renaming a test account in AD, then changed all of the string fields in the database consoleuser_IDN table.

So the ObjectSID stayed the same and the ConsoleUser_Idn and I changed the columns UserName and DisplayName. I left email in my case but I'm sure that would make sense to change in some scenarios.

All of my Scheduled Tasks etc looked correct and the owner on them was reflected properly after the changes.

Thanks Mark!

• 7. Re: Rename Account in Console
                      Peteski Apprentice

Thanks phoffman. I appreciate the assistance.

I know you know the product very well and this seems to have done the trick.