2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2009 2:32 AM by phoffmann

When restricting an application how long does it take before it's blocked?

Rookie

I know this is probably an easy one but I've been setting this LanDesk server up for 3 straight days and my brain is fried.

When I block an application how long before LD starts blocking it?

Thanks

• 1. Re: When restricting an application how long does it take before it's blocked?
          ahe Expert

Hello,

on 8.7: if you "make it available on clients" in license management, after the next inventory scan or policy download/update.

on 8.8: I'm not sure, but I think in the same way as on 8.7

Regards

Axel

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: When restricting an application how long does it take before it's blocked?
            phoffmann SupportEmployee

ahe wrote:

Hello,

on 8.7: if you "make it available on clients" in license management, after the next inventory scan or policy download/update.

on 8.8: I'm not sure, but I think in the same way as on 8.7

Regards

Axel

Yep, 8.8 operates the same as 8.7

In short, your "Make available to clients" action writes out the information into the LDAPPL3 files on the Core.

The clients pull down any updates to the LDAPPL3 when they run inventory ... at which point they read out the new stuff, and set their policy accordingly. So by default, this should be down on the clients within 24 hours.

You can also just schedule an inventory scan across your organisation to do this a little faster, if you need it to be.

- Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead