1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 27, 2018 3:15 AM by phoffmann

patch and compliance selection

ed3rd Rookie

I need to download patches for Office 2013 and I was wondering if there is a way to see what would be downloaded if I was to set up the download definitions a certain way.  I have rollout jobs setup and I want to see what updates would I get if I put Product as Office 2013 and Definition type and severity at All types and Any level before sending those updates into those update rollout projects.

• 1. Re: patch and compliance selection
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

In short - "probably" (quick answer is "yes" - longer answer is "depends on what you're after").

Will require SQL skills / access though.

You could resolve the patch names - VUL_ID-s - (in the VULNERABILITY table) against their VULNERABILITY_IDN value.

Once you have that, you "just" do select against the PATCH table (with your list of VULNERABILITY_IDN's as a filter) and that's a basic starting point for what to expect.

See this article as a starting point -- Getting started with Patch Reporting (SQL, Tables & such) -- to familiarise yourself with some key concepts.

There's a bunch of fine-tuning that could be done, but it's a simple enough point to get you started at least.