3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2018 4:19 AM by Robinl

How to change the Self service home page links

Robinl Rookie

Hi everyone,

I feel like this is a stupid question, but can someone assist me as to where I can change the URL links from self service home page.

I am pretty new to Web desk (as you can tell) but I finally got a test server up and running, however the URL's are still pointing to the Live system pages.

I've checked the Console, but can't seem to find where the URL and descriptions are set.

Thanks in advance

Robin

• 1. Re: How to change the Self service home page links
          Julian Wigman ITSMMVPGroup

Robinl From your screenshot those large tiles are an external web page that the gadget has been linked to so the links have to be changed in that html file and the gadget “reloaded/repointed” to the updated html file.

Julian

MarXtar Ltd

• 2. Re: How to change the Self service home page links
            Robinl Rookie

Hi Julian,

Thanks for your response.

I have got a bit further regarding this. It hasn't turned out to be a http link error as such, but instead a knowledge base indexing issue. (Thanks to your colleague Philip)

For some reason when the test environment was setup, there was no lucene folder created, and the services didn't also have any access to this to create the files.

This now has been rectified (partially) however the 'Service Catalogue' is still unable to complete the indexing.

I have restarted the services both in the Config center and on the server itself, however this morning it is still stuck at 'In process'.

I will ask our Infra team about bouncing the server itself to see if this helps.

Regards

Robin.

• 3. Re: How to change the Self service home page links
              Robinl Rookie

Hi Julian,

Just to confirm, the server reboot seems to have resolved the index issue and the Service Catalogue is now available.

Thank you for your response!

Robin