3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2018 5:03 AM by DTurner

Close Problem Error

TimDensmore Apprentice

One of our workflows is supposed to update the status to "Closed" upon a certain condition -- but each time updating the status failed.

To test, I tried to manually close the Problem and got this error:

Has anyone seen this error and know what may be causing it? The error message isn't very informative.

Thanks,

Tim

• 1. Re: Close Problem Error
          DTurner Expert

Hi Tim,

Searched the table for that ID and it returns the action 'Resolve Incident Related to Problem' for the Incident business object - since this is associated to Incident, my immediate thought is now that this is being triggered elsewhere.

Following that thought, I looked at the triggered actions on Problem - there is one there titled 'Resolve all Related Incidents when Problem Closed' which runs the aforementioned Incident action for any record that isn't already closed. For good measure, I also checked the workflow on Problem - lo and behold, the workflow there is titled 'Incident Close Process' and triggers the same actions as above (albeit via another Problem QA).

I'd check this functionality as it appears to be duplicated which may be causing issues (we don't currently utilise Problem so can't give first hand advice). I'd suggest following the above actions and check they are doing what they should be for your requirements. Also consider checking the validation on the fields that are changed as they may not be valid options. "Data in the database has changed..." is normally an issue with conflicting saves - could be a result of the duplicated functionality so I'd suggest testing and letting us know how you get on

Declan

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Close Problem Error
            TimDensmore Apprentice

Declan,

I actually ended up finding the rule about 5 minutes before you responded -- that's exactly correct that it was caused by that rule. For some reason the action defined for the Child object (Incident) was the ID and not the actual dropdown selection  ("az7f50f28-d205-4a19-aca0-4c57c605c440" was the action defined -- which was the same as what the error message showed). I changed the action to the dropdown option "Close Incident" and now it works.

I've seen this once before where an action defined has an ID as shown above instead of the actual dropdown selection -- do you know what might be causing that? I don't want this to be a recurring problem where previously valid rules are failing because the action is now invalid.

Thanks,

Tim

• 3. Re: Close Problem Error
              DTurner Expert

Hi Tim,

Not too sure why that is happening - perhaps a corrupt save or an issue with the action validation. I think it would be best to raise the question with Ivanti support.