2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2009 8:26 AM by mrspike

Uninstalling Java

Rookie

Anyone know how I could uninstall Java?  We have bunches of computers that are not Part 11 compliant with one of our software programs, so we need to uninstall Java to Java 6 v. 11 or below. 

Some computers have update 12/13/14 and some only have up to 11.  How would I go about uninstalling the newer versions of Java from these computer?

Thanks everyone.

• 1. Re: Uninstalling Java
          Joshni SupportEmployee

I have not tried this, but I found it on Sun's website.

Running InstallShield in Silent Mode: Uninstalling

This is the command line for uninstalling in silent mode:

<jre>.exe /s /v "/qn [REBOOT=Suppress]" /x

where <jre>.exe is the single executable installer for the JRE and REBOOT=Suppress, if used, indicates that if locked files are encountered the computer should not be rebooted.

Example

j2re-1_4_2-bin-b18-windows-i586-05_mar_2003.exe /s /v "/qn REBOOT=Suppress" /x

for more info try

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/plugin/developer_guide/silent.html

Josh

• 2. Re: Uninstalling Java
            mrspike SSMMVPGroup

I am attaching a couple files, one is a .bat file (I renamed to xxx_bat.txt) and another are the commands you could copy to a LANDesk cusom script to remove various versions of Java.

You could use find & replace to convert the later to a batch file by replacing the REMEXEC commands as seen in my .bat file.

I have not updated the 'remove all' lately so I know I am missing some Jave 1.5 and 1.6 commands.