2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2018 9:52 AM by Rodlin

about Android Phone

hui.qiudong Rookie

Hi,I found a question that I connect android phone to my PC by usb port then in my pc can open the phone's storage.

How can i set then forbid the pc access android phone's storage.

I  use ivanti  Endpoint Manager 2018.1.

• 1. Re: about Android Phone
          karlehenry Apprentice

This is a good questions and there are a few ways to do this, but from within Ivanti EPM, I would look under MDM Polices since it is integrated.  You would have to set it up, but once you ENROLL your mobile devices, you can deploy polices to them.  I have not done much dabbling in this yet, so not 100 percent sure, and while I am sure you will get a more positive answer, at least you have somewhere to start looking.

Here is a nice link to help get you started:

Get started with Mobility Manager

• 2. Re: about Android Phone
            Rodlin Rookie

I did try to enroll a couple Android mobile devices to the LDMS successfully after playing with CSA with a correct 3rd party SSL certificate...

But it did not work as I expected by trying to Disable the Camera on the registered cellphone... I posted a question to the community asking whether the so called Android device having any preference on Manufacture/Model selection.. However, I got zero responses on my post... I would wish you good luck and please share with us on any success and/or failure...