4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2018 6:28 AM by dcogny

Send email quick action with conditional content

BeckD Rookie

Hi,

I am trying to create a Send Email quick action to be used as part of my workflow for my request offering.

The idea is that the workflow will generate an email to a particular recipient (who is not a Service Manager user) requesting them to do something when it has been requested.

The problem i am facing is that the content of the email body is conditional upon what the requester has selected on the form.  I have 2 fields, lets call them Option A and Option B.  In my email if the requester has selected either of Option A or B, I want the option selected included, however if that have not selected a value for the field, I don't want anything displayed at all.

In otherwords, if the requester selected Option A but not option B, I want my email to include in the body:

Please perform the following actions:

Option A - <the value selected for the Option A field>

If the requester selected something from both Option A and Option B fields, I want the email to include in the body:

Please perform the following actions:

Option A - <the value selected for the Option A field>

Option B - <the value selected for the Option B field

Note that this is also formatted in an HTML table just to complicate things.

What I am finding is that when I enter the code with the conditional If functions into the Quick Action, the If statement is moved to the top and all the HTML moved below every time I save.

so if I have code that looks like:

<table><tbody><tr><td colspan="2">Please perform the following actions:</td></tr>

$(if OptionA != "" then "<tr><td>Option A:</td><td> " + Option A  + "</td></tr>" else "")

$(if OptionB != "" then "<tr><td>Option B: </td><td>" + Option B  + "</td></tr>" else "")

</tbody></table>

When I save the QuickAction, it gets converted to something like this:

$(if OptionA != "" then "" else "")

$(if OptionB != "" then "" else "")

<table><tbody><tr><td colspan="2">Please perform the following actions:</td></tr>

<tr><td>Option A: </td><td>" + Option A + "</td></tr>

<tr><td>Option B: </td><td>" + Option B + "</td></tr>

</tbody></table>

I have also tried changing this around so that the whole thing is encapsulated in the $() and the HTML is quoted as text, but I still get a similar result. Can anyone see what I am doing wrong?

• 1. Re: Send email quick action with conditional content
          dcogny Expert

Hi,

I have used conditional on emails before, so it has to work, I can see right on your code that you have some typos, so, please try:

$(if nvl(OptionA, "") != "" then "<tr><td>Option A:</td><td> " + OptionA + "</td></tr>" else null)

$(If nvl(OptionB, "") != "" then "<tr><td>Option B: </td><td>" + OptionB  + "</td></tr>" else null)

</tbody></table>

Let me know if this works for you.

Daniel.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Send email quick action with conditional content
            BeckD Rookie

Sorry for the late response. Was out sick for the rest of last week.

I have tried your suggestion, but still get the same result. I now end up with :

$(if nvl(OptionA,"") != "" then "" else null)

$(if nvl(OptionB,"") != "" then "" else null)

<tr><td>Option A:</td><td>" + Option A + "</td></tr>

<tr><td>Option B: </td><td>" + Option B + "</td></tr>

</tbody></table>

so in my table, I literally see the text

" + Option A + "

" + Option B + "

without the system looking up the values of Option A and B. I have edited my original post to remove typos.

• 3. Re: Send email quick action with conditional content
              BeckD Rookie

I have contacted Ivanti support and it turns out this is a product bug. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Send email quick action with conditional content
                dcogny Expert

OH! That would explain it...

Thanks for updating the post! Good luck.