2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2018 12:20 PM by TimDensmore

New Approval Status

TimDensmore Apprentice

Is there any way to add new statuses to Approvals and have them update based on a Get Approval block? I added some new statuses, but when the approval votes are updated with these new statuses (in this case "Successful"), they are not updating the approval itself. The approvals still say pending.

I want the email recipient to be able to respond via email to a Change, and then update a field with the response. I thought a good way to go about doing this was through approval votes -- but I can't seem to figure it out.

Approval votes:

Approval:

In the workflow "Get Approval" block there's only two options -- Approve if and Deny if. Is there any way to handle more states than this?

If not, then the other way I would want to do this is to send out an email to the recipient and allow them to respond with the field value and update the field. This might actually be a better solution but I'm not entirely sure how to accomplish this.

Thanks,

Tim

• 1. Re: New Approval Status
          Jonathan.Schmidt SupportEmployee

Hi Tim,

I think you are trying to put something into the Approval logic that will not work.  Approvals should be approved or denied, nothing more or less.  Then based on the votes and final status of that approval other related objects can have their statuses updated accordingly.

Are you effectively trying to build something where someone can update the status of a BO record via email?  That could be possible with a custom XSLT listener.

Jon

• 2. Re: New Approval Status
            TimDensmore Apprentice

Jonathan,

Thank you, that's what I thought. I ended up doing what you mentioned with the listener.

Tim Densmore