3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2018 4:24 AM by ggrassart

Ivanti 2018.1 Bugs

tsujared Apprentice

I don't know where to report this as a bug, however, it is a pretty big one. So we use conditions (If/Else) to determine if software gets installed on a machine. What I have found is if you put one condition such as computer name ends in -00 or the explicit computer name the conditions work like they should. However if you put conditions to say computer name is between computer-00 and computer-50, the provisioning skips over it as if it doesn't meet the condition. It also does not work if you say computer name is greater than computer-00. so we had to create queries and set prerequisites in order to make sure only the machines licensed for the software got it.

• 1. Re: Ivanti 2018.1 Bugs
          bcstring SupportEmployee

Hi Jared,

When using operators to find bigger than or less than the provisioning template is expecting a purely numerical value, not a string value. It does not have the necessary logic to parse the string value and provide the result you are expecting. So this is not a bug it is working as designed. To change this particular behavior I recommend you create an Enhancement Request here: Enhancement Requests

Whenever you experience a problem you believe to be a bug I recommend that you contact Ivanti Support and open a case, or contact your TRM to assist in investigating the issue and they will raise it with engineering if a bug fix is necessary.

Thanks,

Bryce

• 2. Re: Ivanti 2018.1 Bugs
            tsujared Apprentice

so then my confusion is if it is not designed to work that way, why is it even an option? these are how my conditions are set. i tried both ways. if it meets condition in installs software supposedly except it never meets any condition even when it does. bcstring

nss1.jpg

nss2.jpg

• 3. Re: Ivanti 2018.1 Bugs
              ggrassart Apprentice

Hi

To solve the issue

you can use a comparaison based on a SCRIPT

If ( execute file)

you create a script

If (run script) : blabla.bat %computername%

in your script you control your device name)

if not return  9999 if yes return 666

And the expected value for "true" is 666)

my example :

if my script return 1000 then it's a windows 10 oS

Script example (ps1):

[environment]::OSVersion.Version

$OS = (Get-ItemProperty -LiteralPath "hklm:SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\" -Name "productName").Productname

Switch ($OS)

{

"Windows 7" {

$OSnum = "7000"

}

"Windows 10 Pro" {

$OSnum = "1000"

}

}

[environment]::Exit("$OSnum")