1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 17, 2018 3:47 AM by ALandl

Assigning a task to a user related to the record's customer

ALandl Apprentice

Hi,

Hoping someone can help me with an issue that is stumping me. Here is when I am trying to do:

We have each of our stores set up as an employee. I want to link each store to it's own personal accountant and then assign a task to that accountant when the store raises a certain type of request.

Each accountant can have multiple stores assigned to them so this is a many to one relationship.

Here is what I have done:

I have set up the Accountant link field and relationship in the Frs_CompositeContract_Contact object:

I then imported the Display name of the accountants into the accountant field above.

So far so good. I can see the accountants I have imported on the store's employee page.

The problem I am having is that I still cannot assign tasks to the customer's accountant, it just leaves the owner field blank. Here is the expression I used for this - $([Frs_CompositeContract_Contact#.ServiceReqAssociatedCustomer][Frs_CompositeContract_Contact#.Accountant]NetworkUserName). I have tried using this expression $([Frs_CompositeContract_Contact#.Accountant]DisplayName) in an email quick action from the contact record. This also just shows as blank, even though I can see the linked accountant on the form.

Anyone know what I have done wrong?

Thanks,

Andrew

• 1. Re: Assigning a task to a user related to the record's customer
          ALandl Apprentice

In case it helps anyone I have managed to fix this. The issue was with the import. From inspecting the database I found that the Accountant_Category field was being set to "Frs_CompositeContract_Contact" and when set to "Employee" instead it worked fine.

I altered the import to import the recid and "Employee" into the Accountant_Recid and Accountant_Category fields respectively instead of importing the display name into the Accountant field. This seems to have done the trick.