I have a customer making an odd request. They would like to be able to set and update the fulfillment date on-demand. I have been able to set the Fulfillment date to a parameter (details below, for those interested), but I haven't been able to update that field.
To set the fulfillment date:
- Create a new DateTime field in the Service Request object.
- It is important that both Date and Time are set in the Type Binding.
- Also, you should flag "Audited" as this field is intended to change.
- Add the new field to the ServiceReq.DefaultForm
- Make it a required field.
- Go to Automation Tools - Escalation Schedules - Service Req - Delivery
- Scroll down, find your SR, and highlight it.
- Set the Target DateTime Field as the newly created DateTime field as shown below:
Can anyone help me understand how to update the fulfillment date (BreachDate) when I change the date?
I don't care whether this is setup as a parameter or a defined field. I would just like to see it update when I update the field.