1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 29, 2018 3:06 PM by RyanW

Service Request Fulfillment Date Updated Based on a Field/Parameter?

RyanW Apprentice

I have a customer making an odd request.  They would like to be able to set and update the fulfillment date on-demand.  I have been able to set the Fulfillment date to a parameter (details below, for those interested), but I haven't been able to update that field.

To set the fulfillment date:

• Create a new DateTime field in the Service Request object.
        • It is important that both Date and Time are set in the Type Binding.
        • Also, you should flag "Audited" as this field is intended to change.
      • Add the new field to the ServiceReq.DefaultForm
        • Make it a required field.
      • Go to Automation Tools - Escalation Schedules - Service Req - Delivery
        • Scroll down, find your SR, and highlight it.
        • Set the Target DateTime Field as the newly created DateTime field as shown below:

Can anyone help me understand how to update the fulfillment date (BreachDate) when I change the date?

I don't care whether this is setup as a parameter or a defined field.  I would just like to see it update when I update the field.

Thanks,

Ryan

• 1. Re: Service Request Fulfillment Date Updated Based on a Field/Parameter?
          RyanW Apprentice

I (sorta) figured it out.  I would consider this to be more of a workaround scenario:

1. Create a new Boolean field and place that field on your form.

2. Create an exception on your ServiceReq - Delivery - Request Offering<Service Request Name>.  The exception is based on the newly created Boolean, when the value is True:

The catch:  The analysts have to set the flag.  Any change thereafter requires the analyst to remove the flag, save, then reset the flag, save.

If anyone knows a way around this, I'd appreciate learning it.