4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2018 8:39 AM by DTurner

Relating custom object to validation object

DTurner Expert

Hi There,

The custom object I have created is called 'dataBreachProcessing' and is related (1:1) to ServiceReq (for the 'Data Breach' offering). The validation object, dataBreachProcessingValidation (aptly named, I know ), is used to validate all the fields for the DBP object - the pick lists then point to this object, constrained by 'field':

dbpvalid.png

My plan was to relate the validation object to DBP, then add a 'Related Objects List' so that these items could appear on the form. The problem is, I get a null exception error when I create the relationship. Initially, I tried a [DPBValid (0..N:0..1) DBP] relationship but that didn't make any sense because the validation objects aren't duplicated for each breach (like how notes are created) so I tried a 0..N:0..M but I get the same error.

The error appears when I open the ServiceReq (DBP is shown as a child tab on the ServiceReq record), not the DBP record - the request details do not appear so I'm guessing I am breaking some connection to one of the ServiceReq objects and/or parameters plugin.

validRelationship.png

dpvError.png

Can anyone advise what I have done wrong, steps to troubleshoot, or which logs I should enable (if any) to extract more details.

~Thank you

Declan

• 1. Re: Relating custom object to validation object
          dcogny Expert

Hi,

If you remove the DBP tab, your Service Request will open properly, it is not messing with other tabs, it just does not have the info to get through.

Make sure that you select the right relationship when creating the tab, and that you have selected proper DBP forms and lists. Not sure of what is missing, I can help more with a screenshot of the DBP tab configuration on Service Request.

Usually that happens when the validation field is not really pointing anywhere, my guess is that you created the relationship, but there is no "validation field" in DBP to compare against when constraining, but that is just a guess...

Hope that helps a bit, if you provide a the info maybe we can look more into it.

Daniel.

• 2. Re: Relating custom object to validation object
            DTurner Expert

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the response - unfortunately, removing the tabs didn't resolve the issue, the same error in fact >.<

For what it is worth, here is the tab setting:

2018-08-28 14_59_12-Ivanti Service Manager Configuration Interface.png

I actually raised the issue with Ivanti Support earlier today. Might as well dump the raw log here too:

at HEAT.ValidationList.Controllers.SCValidationListController.GetStandardValidationListValues(List`1 values, String query, String strCustomerLocation, ISessionContext sessionContext, IConnection conn, SCValidationListDef v, ValidationListConfig parameterConfig, List`1 constraints, List`1 cascadeValidationParams, Int32 maxRecordsCount, Func`7 processRecords)

at HEAT.ValidationList.Controllers.SCValidationListController.GetStandardValidationListItems(List`1 values, String query, String strCustomerLocation, ISessionContext sessionContext, IConnection conn, SCValidationListDef v, ValidationListConfig parameterConfig, List`1 constraintParams, List`1 cascadeValidationParams, Int32 maxRecordsCount)

at HEAT.ValidationList.Controllers.SCValidationListController.RetrieveParameters(SCValidationListDef validationListDef, String value, String strParameterConfig, String customerLocation, List`1 cascadeValidationParams, IConnection connection, ISessionContext sessionContext)

at HEAT.ValidationList.Controllers.SCValidationListController.RetrieveParameter(SCValidationListDef validationListDef, String value, String strParameterConfig, String customerLocation, List`1 cascadeValidationParams, IConnection connection, ISessionContext sessionContext)

at HEAT.ValidationList.Controllers.SCValidationListController.RetrieveParameter(String recId, String value, String parameterConfig, String customerLocation, List`1 cascadeValidationParams, IConnection connection, ISessionContext sessionContext, SCValidationListDef validationListDef)

at HEAT.ServiceCatalog.Controllers.ServiceReqParamController.ExtractValidatedListItem(scServiceReqTemplateParam validatedParameter, String customerLocation, Dictionary`2 nameToParameter, IConnection connection, ISessionContext context, SCValidationListDef validationListDef, Boolean removeRecId)

at HEAT.ServiceCatalog.Controllers.ServiceReqParamController.ProcessParameters(ISessionContext context, IConnection connection, scServiceReqRequest serviceRequest, scServiceReqTemplateParamCategory paramCategory, scServiceReqTemplateParam parameter, List`1 emptyCategories)

at HEAT.ServiceCatalog.Controllers.ServiceReqParamController.GetServiceReqParameters(String requestId, scServiceReqRequest serviceRequest, Boolean cleanupSensitiveData, IConnection connection, ISessionContext context)

at HEAT.ServiceCatalog.Controllers.ServiceReqController.GetServiceRequestData(String requestId, IConnection connection, String orgUnit, String userId, ISessionContext context)

at SaaS.WebUI.ServiceCatalog.ServiceSubscription.GetRequestData(String strReqRecId) in F:\Agent01\_work\730\s\src\AppServer.Main\ServiceCatalog\services\ServiceSubscription.asmx.cs:line 804

Let me know if you'd like more info

• 3. Re: Relating custom object to validation object
              dcogny Expert

Hi,

You lost me on "unfortunately, removing the tabs didn't resolve the issue, the same error in fact >.<"  because if I was wrong on that, then I am completely off the solution

I am not very good at reading logs, but my money then goes for the second part of my original message, every single time I got a "Object reference error...." is because I left out the validation field, maybe you created the field, pointed at the validation list and then changed the validation list name so the field is pointing to nowhere now? (It happened to me before...)

If I can bother you a bit more, I would look into all the validation fields in the DBP object or how do you constrain by the "field" in the validation list...

Sorry I cannot help more here.

Daniel.

• 4. Re: Relating custom object to validation object
                DTurner Expert

Don't worry, I'm lost too Daniel

Think I may not have clarified the issue in the initial post - the 'validation' part of the validation object works fine; I could, for example, validate a field then add it to the form and it will be validated fine. The problem I have with that is because I can only validate one value - can't select multiple. So as a workaround of sorts, my idea is to include a 'Related Objects List' and relate the validation object so I can show more than 1 value but keep it validated.

Here's a picture of the DPBValidation values:

dbpvalid.png

and one of the pick lists: