4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2018 7:05 AM by AlasdairRobertson
      • 1. Re: Does ISM support script elements in HTML fields?
        Jonathan.Schmidt SupportEmployee

Hi DTurner,

Can you provide and example?

I'd bet this is by design but I'd like to tinker with it and understand what you are seeing.

Jon

• 2. Re: Does ISM support script elements in HTML fields?
          maba Apprentice

Hi,

i have the sam question.

Example:

We currently use the classic view in version 2018.1.1 on Premise.

To make it as easy as possible for Self Service users to get started, we have built an HTML page (as a welcome page with links to other workspaces) and want to display it via the Workspace URL Workspace Content.

Apparently it is not possible to include Workspace Dashboard parts in the URL Content. The next problem is the linking. If I want to create a link from my HTML (without a new tab) to the service catalog, for example, another Ivanti window opens in Im ISM.

Please see the screenshot. I tried to solve the problem with Javascript, but the HTML editor doesn't allow any <script> tags with code in the source code. Do you have any idea how I can realize this?

Another example would be the tooltips in the service catalog. I can activate the hint for a field in the request offering, but I cannot translate it. I tried to solve it by myself using the browser language. However, the HTML editor does not allow any Javascript here either. Is there a certain notation or similar?

Many thanks and best regards

Marcel

• 3. Re: Does ISM support script elements in HTML fields?
            AlasdairRobertson ITSMMVPGroup

The simple answer is no but most HTML controls are supported, you cannot insert Javascript etc as it will be stripped out from the stuff I have played with.  when it comes to CSS you cannot add a header style sheet it will not work.  Inline HTML style tags work. <p style="color: blue; font-size: 46px;">

Tables and bullets etc. are support elements.

I hope this helps.

• 4. Re: Does ISM support script elements in HTML fields?
              AlasdairRobertson ITSMMVPGroup

Hi

Have you considered using the newer Mobile self service UI built on the responsive interface?  It allows much more control over layout of the self service portal and allows you to place more controls and elements on the front screen where the users first land.