4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2009 5:16 AM by aheath

Open office deployment

Rookie

I am trying to figure out a way to deploy open office 3 (only word, excel, ppt equivalent).does anyone know how to customize the deploy package?

• 2. Re: Open office deployment
          Rookie

I tried this but trying to figure out the following:

- how to save documents in MS format

- how to automatically open MS document with open office.

thanks

Sam Thomas

Message was edited by: Paul Hoffmann (Removal of e-mail addresses / garbage message) Trying to reduce the amount of "free data" available to web crawlers and other spam-bots :).

• 3. Re: Open office deployment
            Employee

if you mean to save in word format as default , I suppose you need to edit your Setup-writer.xcu file.
            The file are located ( on my machine  )
            "C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org3\Basis\share\registry\modules\org\openoffice\Setup"

Ichanged from this:
                <prop oor:name="ooSetupFactoryDefaultFilter">
                     <value>writer8</value>
                </prop>

To this

<prop oor:name="ooSetupFactoryDefaultFilter">
                     <value>MS Word 97</value>
                </prop>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            If you want to set OO3 as default editor for MSoffice docs you I think you have to cheat in te registry
            Have a look at the bottom of this article

http://wpkg.org/OpenOffice.org_3.x

Have  a try on a single client and we can work out how to delploy the whole thing to all the others PCs

• 4. Re: Open office deployment
              Rookie

The following command line will install everything except the database option and associate the MSOffice file types with OpenOffice (works with OO 3.1)

msiexec /qn /norestart /i openofficeorg31.msi REGISTER_ALL_MSO_TYPES=1 COMPANYNAME="CompanyName" USERNAME="UserName" ADDLOCAL=ALL REMOVE=gm_p_Base,gm_p_Base_Bin

If you want to disable the first time registration wizard you need to run the following addon post install, you will need to download the .oxt file seperately

"C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\unopkg" add --shared DisableFirstStartWzd_ooo31.oxt