4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2011 3:36 AM by gujdts

Restart interrupted policys

Fabian Schmidt Expert

Hello,

does anybody know, how an interrupted policy can be restarted, without rescheduling the Task on the core Server.

The Problem is, when I deploy a software package through policy and the client is restarted or unplugged from the network the download of the files stop.

In any way i have to be able to force a re run of the policy so the download is continued, where it was stopped.

In my example I'm deploying acrobat readre 9 and using standrad landesk Policy - Required Installation.

Within the Log policy.client.failedpolicy it is only written:

Policy.SDClientTask.CORESERVER.XXX.xml has encountered a fatal error, and will be failed

Policy.SDClientTask.CORESERVER.XXX.xml has encountered a fatal error, and will be rescheduled for a later time

When is this later time and how can I force the reschedule on the client side?

Regards

Fabian

• 1. Re: Restart interrupted policys
          zman Master

So if you use one of the free sqlite utilities (I use SQLite2009 Pro). YOu can browse to the local DB C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\Database\LDClientDB.db3. Look at the PortalTaskInformation table and you will see a policy with Installing = 1 and Status of Installing. If you manually change them to 0 and Complete or blank you will be ok.  Or if you don't want all that you can use http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-5463

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Restart interrupted policys
            Rookie

"When is this later time?"

The policy is rescheduled 1 day later. If you open the already mentioned database with the SQLLite Database Browser there is a table called "ReschedulePolicy". In this table you can find a field "rescheduleTimeT". The date value is in Unix Time Format, so you can use for example http://www.onlineconversion.com/unix_time.htm to convert it.

In my case it is the date/time value when the policy was interrupted + 1 day. For testing I set the value to the actual date time and then called the software deployment portal. The policy continued running

Regards

• 3. Re: Restart interrupted policys
              Rookie

zman. I have notist that you are a autoIT shark , so i want to ask you to help me to write a script that can restart a policy task. on a landeskclient that allready have been running the policy task.  forexample if the task id is 77

As far as I know , to do so I will have to access the LDClientDB.db3 using autoIT because of its build in sqllite interface that can access the database and execute sql commands. But if you could help me out it would be great

thanks

• 4. Re: Restart interrupted policys
                gujdts Rookie

Hi Jibber

i have searched an option to change the reschedule time from 1 day to 1 hour. Because its a little bit to long for us. I hope i only have overseen the option. Do you have found one?

kind regards